DO you spank bare bottom?

another post got me thinking.. ANd I DONT SPANK! no BASHING JUST CURIOUS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• i do spank my kids but i almost never spank bare bottom. i HATE spanking bare bottom, and the only time i do it is if my kids have dones something above and beyond bad or dangerous. for examle if i see my kid grab a hold of his brother and shove him off a chair onto the extremely hard floor. 1st i would take them aside and explain that this is unacceptable behavoir. 2nd time is an automatic corner time, 3rd time is an above the clothes spanking and 4th time is a bare bottom spanking with a time out, and with each punishment is an explanation as to why they are in trouble and how they can avoid getting in trouble again. i do not like to spank, but sometimes it is the only thing that seems to make my children understand. and the thing i hate the most is even when i do what i hate and spank sometimes my kids still dont listen and go right along doing what they were doing in the first place.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 12:47 AM on May. 21, 2011

• No. I would never. I was spanked like that as a child. My father would even use a belt if his hand started hurting. I do believe in a spank on the hand. However, I know that when you spank bare bottom...you are coming from a place of anger. I believe there are other alternatives that work besides spanking. No one should ever hit a child in anger. Just my opinion.
    myfamilymylife1

Answer by myfamilymylife1 at 12:48 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I've spanked my kids. I was spanked as a child.. but I don't recall either ever with a bare bottom. I don't think that's quite right...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:00 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes, and I would never ever spank when angry. No-one should
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:22 AM on May. 21, 2011

• No I don't. I don't spank when my kids are naughty they get consequences (like time out, loose computer/video game time...) and that works for us.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:35 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Never. Spanking is a very ineffective way to change behavior. Lots of research has shown that, and it teaches kids to be aggressive and violent. Bare bottom spanking is humiliating and demeaning to a child. Please rethink your discipline techniques.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 5:59 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I think ....I KNOW you can discipline your child without breaking their spirit. I find spanking ridiculous. What does it say? That you are bigger than them and believe in violence?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Positively yes.
    strictgram

Answer by strictgram at 3:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2014