Do you think most lazy people are depressed or are they just

lazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Health

• I think depression can cause laziness and laziness can cause depression, but I do not thing they are mutually exclusive.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:39 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I totally agree.
    myfamilymylife1

Answer by myfamilymylife1 at 12:42 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I am pretty lazy. It's something I work on. When I am depressed/in a funk I am super extra lazy. On the other hand watching the day go by and getting nothing done makes e disgusted with myself. I get angry and snappy and feel pretty worthless.
    I think sleepingbeautee hit the nail on the head.
    Happy to say that since I began working out regularly I've been able to quit that vicious cycle
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:49 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I dont agree I think they are two different things you are felling some thing for each one. If your lazy then you just are for hat ever your reason may be. Now being depressed is some that has happen to you or in your life to make you feel this way. Lazy people some times just like to not have to work hard.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 12:55 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I can tell you that I am lazy sometimes and I am not depressed. I've been depressed before. Actually sometimes it's kinda opposite. When I was depressed, I was in a daze somewhat. I lost a bunch of weight and was constantly running around, trying to forget about my issues. So, I don't think there is necessarily a correlation.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:56 AM on May. 21, 2011

• For the most part, I'm lazy. Yeah, I'll admit it (but don't tell my husband I've admitted to it!). But, there are some days where I get a bug in me to CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. I just can't seem to bring myself to do much until I've hit that "OK, I'm tired of it looking like this, need to clean NOW" days. I honestly wish I had more "lets get this house clean" days than "I just don't give a f" days.

And yeah, I'd probably say I have slight depression issues. But I honestly don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I'm not lazy because I'm depressed. I've always been lazy. I really didn't start getting depressed till we moved here, away from any friends and family. I'm happier when I actually have someone to talk to other than the kids.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:05 AM on May. 21, 2011

• There ar many different levels and types of depression, and being lazy doesn't 'cause' depression. Your biology, genetics, even your gender. Some studies show that women are about twice as likely as men to become depressed. No one's sure why. The hormonal changes that women go through at different times of their lives may be a factor. Your age, your health condition, sometimes changes and stressful events may trigger depression, even your medications and certain substances as illegal drugs, and even some vitamins such as St. Johns Wart can trigger a depressive episode. Then there is bipolar depression and major depression. With these 2, u have to be on some kinda med and some 1 on 1 talk sessions with a trusted person who will not judge u. Depression is nothing to play with and someone with it shoulkd seek treatment, not necessarily meds.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:52 AM on May. 21, 2011

• laziness and depression are not the same thing.Lazy people just sit and do nothing, when I am in bed on the couch depressed a lot of times I either can't make myself motivated, I think the world doesn't care anyway or I don't have it in me to care anymore. Depressed people need to fight it. we need to get up and get help productivity does help.
    artistmom889

Answer by artistmom889 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2011