Have your inlaws ever called you a bad mom and why?

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• my mil said i didn't follow through enough and i married her son for money... he doesn't make MONEY he's in the army... and everyone else says my children are very very very well behaved!!!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:40 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Never. My MIL is always tell everyone how lucky my kids are to have me for their mom. Gotta ♥ her!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:41 AM on May. 21, 2011

• When my hub was first deployed, some nosey bitch turned me in to whatever CPS is called around here saying I was abusing the kids. (Only thing I can think of is I had gone to a party, kids were acting up, and I made them sit down.) My MIL went off on my husband, saying how I was a horrible mother for having CPS called on me, and that he should divorce me.

Then, somewhere down the line during ANOTHER deployment, she got it in her head how I was a terrible mother, that I only married him for his money, and that, again, he should divorce me. That's when hub put his foot down and told her straight out "If you EVER speak like that again about MY WIFE, you will NEVER see your grandkids again!"

She's been sweet as pie to me ever since.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:45 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Nope but she has implied it. She would say that I don't feed my kid and that he would always be dirty because he wouldn't be clean. She hated me so there's alot more things she called me other than a bad mom.
    Babygirl760468

Answer by Babygirl760468 at 1:02 AM on May. 21, 2011

• She hasn't used the exact wording but she once bought me an entire set of parenting books. She also made some uncalled for comments when I had to take one of the kids to the ER for an injury. Something along the lines of I had better watch it because that kind of thing could be reported. She is rarely at our place but when she is, I don't care how clean the house may be, she will comment on what isn't done. I don't let it get to me though. IMO every child she raised could use some counseling, I guess she should have invested in a good set of parenting books for herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I'm a bad mom according to my MIL...
    let me list some of the reasons...

1) I don't want to be a SAHM
    2) I say things like "if you do that again, I'll rip your arms off and beat you with them".
    3) because I'm not her.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:09 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Oh, I'm a bad mom because I AM a SAHM! My MIL thought I should have gotten a job when hub and I was first married. Yeah, like anyone would want to hire a woman who was sick 24/7? Right.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:18 AM on May. 21, 2011

• No
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:20 AM on May. 21, 2011

• My MIL is my angle!!!

My mother on the other hand,doesn't always think before she speaks and we have both said very hurtful things to each other.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 2:15 AM on May. 21, 2011

• no!!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:33 AM on May. 21, 2011