Do you think people truly live like they will stand before God one day...

Most do not. Look at our society... I don't think many people stop to think about it. We live like this is it and at the end of our life, that's all there is ...nothing...But we are eternal beings. What can we do different to please God in our future?

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 1:13 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I don't think ppl are living like there even is a God, much less the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob, in the bible. First, you have to believe that He is the creator of heaven & earth & all that we see including every living thing upon the earth and that He created us in HIS likeness. I believe He inspired men to write history & His wishes for HIS ppl on how they are to live. Everything we need to know, he inspired these men to put his thoughts and wishes in the Holy Bible. There is scripture that says, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord", and I believe that when our life on this earth has ended, we will face our maker for how we have lived our life. I believe that there will be a judgement day and that God will send our souls to either heaven or hell and there is where we will spend eternity.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 1:44 AM on May. 21, 2011

• we should all do what God wants us to do and i think that would please him, but will we is all up to the individual because god gave us freedom of choice
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 1:18 AM on May. 21, 2011

• "obvlivious as to their future goals and Who they are going to live for. It's sad isn't it?"

Well, considering that I do not "live for" anyone but myself, I'd have to disagree. I have no intention of living a lie on the off chance that a god might some day do something to me, or send me somewhere. I live the life I do, the socially responsible, morally grounded life that I do, because I can- because *I* as a self aware bi-pedal mammal am capable of doing so, which is my responsibility- not because I am earning brownie points.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:26 AM on May. 21, 2011

• So we all have our own belief... So what I believe is that everybody is going to be judged wether they believe or not. I know God is real so yeah im living by a book butits a book of knowledge & wisdom.
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 2:06 AM on May. 21, 2011

• No , I don't think any do .Including me
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:14 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I've been observing the lives of teenagers in a very large city lately and this question entered my mind. I think young people are basically obvlivious as to their future goals and Who they are going to live for. It's sad isn't it?
    Ruthmom802

Comment by Ruthmom802 (original poster) at 1:21 AM on May. 21, 2011

• This reminds me of a story I heard a while back, I want to say it was an actor but I really don't remember who was telling the story. I think he was around ten and as his father was putting him to bed, his father asked him something like, "From what you've done today will you be proud of who you will become?" Now I often ask myself the same question and so far I feel I am on the right track to being an even better person.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:26 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I thank all of you for your honesty.
    Ruthmom802

Comment by Ruthmom802 (original poster) at 1:44 AM on May. 21, 2011

• No I sure don't.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 1:47 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't believe in going to church so I just stay home. But I am a boring person who likes to do my hobbies, always have been. And after reading all this stuff on here tonight... real glad I am a nerd.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 2:22 AM on May. 21, 2011