Would you buy Plan B for a teen?

I got this scenario off of an episode of What Would You Do and it really made me think and question myself. If a teen girl approached you in the drug store and asked you to buy her Plan B, either because she is underage or if she were old enough but embarresed or afraid someone would recognise her and tell her parents, would you do it? Assuming she gave you the money for it. I am prolife but agree with Plan B and its availability because its not aborting a fetus but preventing one from forming altogether (assuming its successful) however I do know that some prolifers also don't approve of plan b either. So, would you buy it knowing you could be preventing a teen pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• YES

And afterwards I would ask her if she needed help getting birth control.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:29 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Good answer Nicole . I agree.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:33 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't think so. Rather, I would probably try to convince her to talk to her parents about the situation. I really won't get involved with any child 18 or under in matters like that. I'm not looking to get sued. I was in the bathroom the other day and there was a little girl about 5 or so in there. She kept crying about not being able to reach the water faucet. I tried to stay in the stall hoping she'd just leave, but she didn't. When I came out, she immediately started crying to me. I said, "I am sorry Hon, you really need to go tell your mom" and walked out. There is no way I am setting myself up. You just can't these days. That situation would be no different IMO.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:56 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I would only buy it if she showed me ID and was over 18. Otherwise, I would try to convince her to talk to her parents or at least an adult she was close to, because I don't want to get involved with a minor like that. I would treat it the same way I would treat alcohol or cigarettes. I've bought both for people (that I knew) before, but they were the legal age to buy it, and just didn't have ID with them, or were embarrassed to buy it because someone the knew was working. I had a lot of underage people trying to get me to buy them stuff after I turned 18, and then 21, but I wouldn't do it unless they could also legally do it, but didn't want to for whatever reason.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:53 AM on May. 21, 2011

• No. I am not going to provide medication for a child that could cause health problems. Her parents could sue me and I would be liable.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:33 PM on May. 21, 2011

• yes
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 12:46 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes, absolutely.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:31 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes. No questions asked. I'll assume the risk of litigation... I was a teen mom, and have 2 children that are the product of marital rape. I love all of them dearly, but I would absolutely have taken plan B had it been available. I'd not hesitate to be the person who could help prevent catastrophe.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• no i wouldn,t that,s tor her parents to do .i would talk to her i would even sit with her while she approach her parents with the issue
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 8:54 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yikes. I honestly don't know. Looking at it now (with it not actually in-my-face) I'll go with no. If they're having to ask me, I assume they're underage, and I'm not going to put my family at legal risk for a stranger.

However, I'm a person that can't easily say no. If I were actually approached in the drug store, there is a very good chance I'd give in, help, and then worry myself sick about the risk later on.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:59 PM on May. 21, 2011