If you get a dog from a puppy 6mths or younger.. Doest that make them more trust worthy pets. bc u know how they have been treated

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Pets

• Not at all. Animals adapt to their environment. I've known severely abused animals who were more trust worthy, well behaved, obedient and marvelous creatures than the ones who were given the lap of luxury- It really has nothing to do with the dog, but with the owner, and it's environment.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:36 AM on May. 21, 2011

• yes for the most part, depending alot on the breed. I saved my dog when he was approx 6 month or so from being beaten from these kids. He still doesn't like the Black race cause those where the ones who was beating him. He like Black women though, not men or boys. Kinda weird really!! Mine is a lab/pitt mix
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:38 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I agree with ObbyDobbie on this one
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 1:54 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't know, because I found my parents dog in the yard when he was only like a few weeks old I believe and yes he is trustworthy with us, but not around other dogs. Is that what you mean or just with the owners is a dog trustworthy?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:01 AM on May. 21, 2011

• My dog (i rescued) has a deep mistrust of blacks and men. It's bad enough I can't take her for walks. But other than that she is awesome, I got her when she was 4 yo. My puppy, I just got 3 weeks ago and he had just been weened at 5weeks. He is hyper but he is learning to be calm.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 2:22 AM on May. 21, 2011

• not always, my father adopted a pit bull that was a yr old, she was thrown out of a moving car along a highway in California. but she was the best dog ever. she was wonderful around my kids, but she didn't like blacks for some reason. We think her owner before could've been black. not for sure though of course.
    Some dogs you never know about though, sometimes it is better to get them as a puppy because then you know they have never been treated badly or abused. but then again it isn't always the case. I think it just depends on the dog.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:33 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Not necessarily! I tend to adopt the dogs that are older and they have been the best dogs.  I adopted an aussie that was 8 1/2 years old at the time with an injured leg to boot.  He was my daughter's best friend up until he died when my daughter was 4 years old.   It is true that if you raise a puppy and they have been trained and socialized well they have a lot of positives. But that does not mean they are more trustworthy then and older dog that you don't the history. 

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:25 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Also even if you adopt a puppy at 6 months or younger you don't always know their history. I found my youngest dog on the street when he was about 6 weeks old. He is was in horrible shape had already not been treated well at a young age. He is a great dog but if he had not been found when he was and helped who knows what kind of dog he would be today.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:54 AM on May. 21, 2011