FAS

How does a child features look with fetal alchol syndrome?Do they kind of look like one with down syndrome?Im 36 wks and this baby will be here any day now and the closeer I get the more worried I am of down syndrome.A sonographer told me that by my child having a calcium folci on h er heart could be a sign of downs.But I have had numerous level 2 ultrasound where the viewed everything fromher insides head to toe and they said that she will not have downs.I also had some type of test down though my blood and the test came out normal.If my chiold had it after all theses ultrasound wouldn't they be able to tell anything especially by now!!?!?!!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't really know anything about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome..... I do know that any and all tests they can do for Down Syndrome are not 100%, even if every test they can do comes back negative it is still possible for your child to have Down Syndrome.  My son has Down Syndrome and I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it if you'd like to send me a message =)

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• The tests for downs arent 100%. One of my best friends was told her baby would be downs then they said 1 in 10 chance. She had her in aug and shes perfectly healthy. Why would you wonder about fetal alcohol syndrome though?

Answer by gemgem at 4:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I teach children with severe special needs kids and have worked with FAS, and no they dont usually look like children with downs. You see their syndrome in their behaviors and personality not in the looks..
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2008