Anyone else live in a place where OD's take place, a lot?

So, I'm from a small town in KY. (now, I live in MD)

However, numerous people I've went to school with has overdosed on drugs. Some I just went o high school with, never was close and others I was close to.

Yesterday, I get word that a guy (year behind me in HS) overdosed. He had a fiance, a little boy and soon to be step daughter. He comes from a wealthy family, the girl comes from a wealthy family. And come to find out, he was taking Opiana or something like that.

I really feel sorry for the children, but his fiance had to have known he was taking that. They found the pills in his pockets, and I suppose they done bloodwork and found an ungodly amount in his system.

So, my second question, would you put up with this?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 2:09 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• No, I do not associate with people who use drugs. I would not put up with it.

SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 2:16 AM on May. 21, 2011

• And I went to school in LA.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 2:17 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Theres been a lot in my area too, bucks county pa. drugs can be an evil thing..
    blue7eyed3girl

Answer by blue7eyed3girl at 2:18 AM on May. 21, 2011

• and to the second question, theres nothing you can really do about it. someone needs to want to help themselves, otherwise its almost certain how it is going to end.
    blue7eyed3girl

Answer by blue7eyed3girl at 2:22 AM on May. 21, 2011

• In my town there are a lot of overdoses. Most of them are heroin overdoses. I personally wouldn't put up with it but there are lots of people who would.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:00 AM on May. 21, 2011

• There are a lot here too. Not like next door or anything, but seems like every day on the news you're hearing about someone dying from drugs in the area.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:22 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Oh- I forgot to add that I wouldn't put up with that at all. I don't want myself, let alone my kids, around ANYONE who does drugs. Period.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:23 AM on May. 21, 2011

• THINK WELL YOU NEED TO PROGRESS AND GOOD LUCK
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:10 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't know anyone who has, but high school was a long time ago for me lol. I would not tolerate drug use in a partner, for so many reasons! Illegal, a lifestyle I don't want my children to see! The end (od possibly). She (the fiance) had to know.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:28 AM on May. 22, 2011