Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband only worked 3 months this year and only made 10,000 in that time we have 4 children my ? is can we still recive our taxs and if so do we qualify for earned income creadit?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (7)
  • Is this for real?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

  • wasn't this asked in another section?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

  • If he worked at all, the company deducted taxes from his paycheck. Now if you own any property, you will have to pay taxes on that as well. If you can't pay, they will take the amount from any refund you are entitled to. But as far as I know, yes, you will get the EIC for your children.

    Answer by brandyj at 4:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2008



    go to this H&R website and use the calculator it will tell you how much you are getting


    Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

  • of course you will!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

  • yes in fact it's for people who are poor. i only made this much this yr too or more but not much more and my hubby probably made double. i know we will get the eic unless obama takes it away like i heard. this would hurt us so much.

    Answer by melody77 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

  • For income in 2008 To be eligible for EIC, both earned income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than the following amounts: $38,646 ($41,646 married filing jointly) with two or more qualifying children; $33,995 ($36,995 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child; or
    $12,880 ($15,880 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children.

    Answer by akhlass at 4:00 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.