Is this chicken ok?

I had the bird thaw in the fridge for 2 days then had it in the sink in cold water for an hour... I then forgot about it and it was in the sink for 3 hours. Is it ok to cook or should i throw it out?

sarlove01

Asked by sarlove01 at 3:02 AM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Does it smell bad? Was it sitting in the water while in a bag or floating in water? You should tie a string around your finger so you won't forget :) lol
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 3:28 AM on May. 21, 2011

• it was in the bag sill, i didnt notice a smell. I actually put it in the oven already, ust wondering if i should eat it tomorrow :/
    sarlove01

Comment by sarlove01 (original poster) at 3:30 AM on May. 21, 2011

• i seriously need to utilize that string idea, i forget EVERYTHING I think i gave half my brain to DS one and the other half went to DS two (who is two months, lol)
    sarlove01

Comment by sarlove01 (original poster) at 3:32 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Try to set a timer next time. But I would think it would be OK to still eat. I'd ask my husband (he's really the cook of the family, especially when it comes to meats), but he's trying to sleep ATM :(
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:22 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I would probably still eat it.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 5:03 PM on May. 21, 2011