What is the best way to tell a guy he is going to be a father?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm dying....I have six months to live. Just kidding we're only having a kid! How do you think he is going to react to the news?
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 3:18 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Well this is a guy who I've known for several years now. We've been talking for years but we've lived 2,000 miles from eachother. He has expressed to me in the past that he loves me and believes I'm his soulmate...okay so to make a long story short....we got together a couple of weeks ago had one too many drinks and had unprotected sex. We are both in our 20's...finished with school....I just don't know....He thinks I am leaving at the end of the summer so he's afraid to get attached, I don't know how to tell him I'm pregnant...I honestly don't know how he's going to react...this is someone who has alot of internal issues of his own, was abandoned as a kid and severely abused,his moods shift pretty easily....what would you suggest?? any advice would be greatly appreciated....thankyou thankyou
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:23 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Sit him down and calmy look him in the eye. Wipe sweat off fore head. Notice shoe is untied, "well, I know you said we were soulmates." Take deep breath and let out slowly as you bring yourself to look him in the eye again. Slow smile, "Your going to have a baby."

Make sure to hold his hands as you notice untied shoe. Don't let go, cause his first reaction is going to be to jump up. Remember to keep breathing and smiling as he freaks out. He will calm down and then you can hash out the details.

Not trying to be funny, this is exactly how I told my DDs dad and it went over pretty well.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 3:28 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I just showed dh th stick as we were putting away the th groceries. He literally fell over his own feet and stumbled backwards. He was SO EXCITED! Then Ireminded him he wa going to be late for work and he went out the doo still smiling and ecstatic!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:08 AM on May. 21, 2011

• say hey can we talk in person then tell him thats he going to be a dad or do like me let him see test lol see what his reaction is congerlations on baby good luck
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:18 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I told him while we had a house full of people, not sure if that was the best choice or not lol. Of course it was just me and him when i told him though. He walked out of the bedroom and said to all his friends, i'm going to be a dad! He was very excited :] than of course all his friends had their comments!
    pipsqueak01

Answer by pipsqueak01 at 3:29 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Wow, a thumbs down for a joke. Tough crowd. From what you say about him and how he feels about you I would think he would be okay with it. Just tell him that you have something to tell him, that your not sure how is going to take but that you are definitely open for discussion on how he feels like dealing with the pregnancy (even if your not). Make him feel involved.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 4:17 AM on May. 22, 2011