Are all Christians going to be raptured? And no other denominations? Do you feel sure that YOU will be raptured as a Christian?

Just curious, if you are Christian, do you feel certain that if the rapture happens you will be part of it?
Do you feel like everyone in your church will also be?
Do you feel like anyone from the synagogue or mosque or football stadium will be raptured?
Or, will it literally be all Christians + all children and nobody else?
Or maybe all Christians except for crappy ones who you think are masquerading and not really "good with God" + all children and nobody else?
Any chance you will still be here as your children disappear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• But the 144,000 doesn't have to do with the rapture, but is involved with the end times - to me Revelation is a very complicated book with a lot of symbolic imagery. Personally I don't worry about what's going to happen in the end times, whether I'm here on earth or in heaven, God will take care of me.

Answer by missanc at 8:28 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Not all of us (Christians) believe in the rapture ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:45 AM on May. 21, 2011

• this^
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:58 AM on May. 21, 2011

• ive always wondered...do you have to believe in the rapture to be raptured? cause i dont believe in the rapture, but im a Christian.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:58 AM on May. 21, 2011

• No, just because your "saved" or baptised doesnt mean your going to heaven, you have to live the right way, you cant carry on your life any old way and say "oh its ok, im saved" I hate that mentality. Its something you have to work hard at trying to do and there are times your going to fall short we are human, we can repent and move on and try to do better, but there is no guarantee all of the members of your Church will go to heaven, I would never say someone was going to heaven or hell, cause you just dont know. Just like you cant preach someone into heaven at the funeral......
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:05 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I think it's only 144,000 people the rest of us are left behind. This isn't something I believe in so I could be wrong, but I think this number includes those who have already died so the odds of me being picked are,  well lets just say it would be a miracle.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:06 AM on May. 21, 2011

• who said there was an amount? I think Jahovah Witness believe there is only a certain amt of spots.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:10 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Princess- so "saved" people could not be chosen. Could the "unsaved" or nonbelievers or people practicing Hinduism be chosen?

RyansMom- Yeah, the 144,00 that serve on a council of heaven. So, the really good, "saved," Christians will have to live the end of times just like the rest of us sinners? Babies and Children will too?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:11 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes, Jehovah's Witness' quote a bit of the Bible that says that 144,000 will be chosen to serve on a heavenly council under King Jesus. The rest of the believers will have the same type of nice heavenly existence that you imagine now, except it will be on "new earth." The number is in the bible, I guess, but the denominations interpret what it refers to differently.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:13 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Yeah its in the old testament and doesnt apply today, JW believe many old testament things apply today. Also for the record, Christians are sinners too, we all sin, so yes just because you are "saved" its not a golden ticket.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:20 AM on May. 21, 2011