Does work make you sick?

Lots of people make the joke that they are allergic to work. I am not one of those people, I have always worked! I have always complained about it, but I've done my job and did it well!
Recently I have been getting physically ILL when I realize that it's time for me to start getting ready for work (I work nights, so there's a lot of lead time). By the time I get to work I am almost throwing up! By the time I leave for home my body aches, I can feel a migraine coming on, my eyes are red and itchy & my nose is stuffy! I know it's just a stress thing, but it's still weird!
Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

shareleann

Asked by shareleann at 6:14 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Seriously, time to start looking for another job. Stress or not, it's making you physically ill. Get a new one, as this one is not worth your health.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 7:26 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Yea i agree and i know what u mean. My job is just full of pressure to reach the company goals and if u dont then they want to put u on the spot....i had an anxiety attack last yr and i.refuse to have another!! So im looking for something new!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:26 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I get anxious and have all kinds of imaginary aches and pains almost daily when I leave for work. I want to retire but can't. There is also no other job in this little burg that is hiring. Good or bad people here keep their job because they have to work. We are all just stuck where we are. I feel your pain. Good luck.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:06 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes, it's happened to me before and I know exactly how you feel. It might be time to change jobs, or if it's at all possible, take some time off. Maybe use that time to really think about what job would make you happy. If it involves furthering your education, go for it. If it involves relocating, go for it. You never know until you try. I quit working altogether and am much less stressed. I know, that's not always something one can do. If changing jobs or qutting isn't possible, then maybe some xanax would help :)
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:05 PM on May. 21, 2011

• sometimes
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:50 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I used to get like that when I worked as a assistant teacher in a preschool. I was litteraly sick to my stomache. I hated that job so bad!!! It wasn't made for me. I now work as a make up artist with wonderful co workers and I tell you I never feel like I'm working. When you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 11:01 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It is time for you to find a new job. Something similar was happening to my hubby before he got a new job. Since he started the new job he is fine and loves to go to work.
    kirstenvargo

Answer by kirstenvargo at 11:05 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Thanks Ladies! I did give my notice and now have less than a month left! and we are also moving! hopefully this will stop when I quit!
    shareleann

Comment by shareleann (original poster) at 11:32 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I had this problem at one time. I was pregnant and was working fast food. The smell of any food made me sick, it was a long nine months. Lol
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:44 PM on May. 24, 2011