Two week old only rolls to one side

my daughter is 18 days old, and since birth has always rolled to her right side when laying down. she has never rolled to her left. and when shes in her carseat her head sort of leans to the right. is this normal? im going to bring it up to her ped her next appt but ive been worried and have a few weeks til her appt.

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 7:21 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's two weeks old. Give her some time. She's okay.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 7:24 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Sounds normal to me but she could maybe have torticollis. My youngest supposedly had that according to his pediatrician. All they did was send us to physical therapy and showed us how to stretch his neck at every diaper change. Just ask your pediatrician at the next appt.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:25 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Could be due to the position your wee was crammed into for so long. As she stretches out, she will probably balance out on her own but I'm sure the doctor will be able to make a better assessment.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:29 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I think this is true of most babies, and I think it is much too soon to be concerned about it. If it will make you feel better, by all means ask your doc.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:06 AM on May. 21, 2011

• ok this can't be serious...your kid isn't even a month old. don't bring it up with your ped. he'll just laugh at you
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 8:22 AM on May. 21, 2011

• My son also had to have his neck stretched at every diaper change. It corrected a pronounced leaning to the side of his head. Definitely ask your doctor any question you have.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:43 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't be too concerned at just 2 weeks. most babies are still just blobs at that age. but your pediatrician should be able to tell what kind of development you will see at what age (and he/she will not laugh at you for asking questions like that!)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:00 PM on May. 21, 2011