what else can i do for teething

my 5 month old is teething i have tried everything from orgel to letting him chew on my fingers .. what elese can i do its like nothing helps and the fussness is driving me bannas

mommy_of_2_2oo8

Asked by mommy_of_2_2oo8 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tylenol or Motrin, and keep up the Baby Orajel.
    Freeze a Wet Washcloth, let him chew on that.
    There is also a Teether that you can buy that Vibrates, it helps soothe tender gums. Good Luck.
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 10:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Homeopathic teething tablets sold at walmart
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:12 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My son was born this past December and has been teething as well. We have tried letting him chew on a raw carrot, letting a pacifier fill up with water and freezing it, also freezing wet toothbrushes, and we bought him a vibrating teether (made by John Deere).
    Falisha2

Answer by Falisha2 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I would take those oragel swaps and massage my son's gums. Also I froze teething cookies and he loved it. But I have to say the best thing I found was a vibrating teether in the baby section at walmart. The vibration numbs and helps the teeth cut through quicker.
    Magdelana81305

Answer by Magdelana81305 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• We used teething tablets and Motrin, and also cold carrots and pretzel rods. They're best if you can find unsalted ones. Justin didn't like the frozen washcloths, but all babies are different. We also did the water-in-the-passy thing but we had Soothies so he couldn't suck them for very long. We finally just started sticking them in the freezer (no water) and he loved them. Good luck - teething is frustrating, I know. Justin's almost 2 and is getting his canines in now. The best advice I can give you is HANG IN THERE!
    Spinse32

Answer by Spinse32 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I gave mine frozen bananas and dill packles. They make a mess, but my kids loved them. You can also rub their gums with benadryl. Just dip your finger in it and rub it on their gums, it keeps them from being itchy.
    bamagirlnicnac

Answer by bamagirlnicnac at 1:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• At a parenting class we were advised never to put anything FROZEN in the babies mouth not even a wash cloth it can cause freezer burn on their gums!

Refrigerated teethers work just as well.
    astallman72

Answer by astallman72 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• gripe water helps.
    addiraesmommy

Answer by addiraesmommy at 3:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Teething tablets & cold washrags are the best. Tylenol does NOT work b/c there are no anti-inflammatory agents in it... so it might dull the pain, but does not reduce swelling. IMO, avoid medicines during teething... save that stuff for when they're SICK. You could let your baby chew on a big cold carrot stick, a frozen waffle, etc.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Wal*mart sell these 100% natural teething tablets which work wonders. I gave them to my three year old when he was teeth & I am now using them on my three month old daughter. Also my daughter got a vibrating teether & she loves it.
    ChEvYcHiCk4483

Answer by ChEvYcHiCk4483 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2008