How long after you were married did you have children?

My husband and i got married in january of 2010. i conceived my son in march and he was born in dec. we didn't move in together until june of 2010. it was very difficult, the entire pregnancy period sucked. our relationship then and now is rocky. i'm wondering how far into your marriage was it until you had your baby? how did it affect your relationship, if at all.

AnitaB27

Asked by AnitaB27 at 8:47 AM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I got pregnant about 2 months after we got married, and he was born 9 days before our one year anniversary.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:27 PM on May. 21, 2011

• First marriage -first child was born 5 months later. Marriage was a mistake from the beginning lasted a couple of years.
    Second marriage - kids came 9 years later. We've been married for 16 years.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:50 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I got pregnant 6 months after we got married.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:53 AM on May. 21, 2011

• We had been together for 6 years, married for 2 by the time our first was born. We'll have been married for 7 years by the time our second is born. Of course it effected our relationship. It's both rewarding and stressful at the same time. On one hand, we can look at her and be proud of the beautiful, intelligent little girl that we've raised so far. On the other, we have less time to ourselves, we can't go out at the drop of a hat, etc.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:02 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I waited until 5 yrs into the marriage it was great until he wanted more I was fine with one but we now have 3 and divorced 15 yrs later so no one can say really ...
    Spainsh2278

Answer by Spainsh2278 at 9:14 AM on May. 21, 2011

• 2 years and when we had little ones it just made our relationship stronger.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:18 AM on May. 21, 2011

• we got married 4 months after our child was born.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:22 AM on May. 21, 2011

• we were together for 11 years before having our son 3 years ago- we were "perfect" having our son made even US rocky.. it takes a while to get in a groove when becoming parents. still the only time we fight ( which is more now than the past 11 years ) is when it comes to discipline or concerns about our son... hang in there mama
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:38 AM on May. 21, 2011

• First marriage I already had dd and we married because of her and divorced. Second marriage I was with him around a year before we got pregnant. We divorced because he cheated while I was pregnant and after. Now I took my time with my husband I am with now. We met in 2002, didnt start dating until 2003, and had dd in 2005, and got married in 2006. Yes it was backwards to an extent but we had been together 2 yrs and known each other longer before adding a child.

Answer by gemgem at 9:44 AM on May. 21, 2011

• We waited 3 years after we were married to have a child. It felt like part of life.

Answer by Bmat at 10:00 AM on May. 21, 2011