Do you get along with your in laws? why or why not?

AnitaB27

Asked by AnitaB27 at 8:49 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes I do. They are nice kind caring people who help if we need it, as we do for them. The mind their own business as we do. It's a pretty good match.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:52 AM on May. 21, 2011

• For the most part. My mil has been alot nicer to me lately ever since my mom and me have been fighting. She sees what my mom does and how I am treated so I think she feels bad? I have told her and dh not to lol, I am used to it. But I do enjoy her friendly side more then the jealous one I had to contend with before.

Answer by gemgem at 8:59 AM on May. 21, 2011

• i get along with my father in law but not my mother in law she is a crazy looney toon!! thank goodness the FIL and MIL are divorced so i dont have to see her when we go see him
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:21 AM on May. 21, 2011

• For the most part. There are a few things I don't like that they do, and a few things I don't agree with, but that's to be expected I guess. They are good people, and they love our kids to pieces, so what more can you ask for, really?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:42 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I do get along with them but we just moved closer to them and now they are always telling my kids what to do...drives me NUTS. The other day I walked in my sons room and my mil spanked him...I was in shock. My husband won't talk to her about it so now I get to be the bad guy...it sucks but other than that they are great.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 9:44 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Just as well as DH does...which would make it a "yes, for the most part".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 21, 2011

• yes once a semester
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:52 AM on May. 21, 2011

• yes. i love my inlaws.. there great. i got very lucky.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:15 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes. They are great. I am respectful of them and enjoy seeing them. I think they had a hard time accepting me at first since I was divorced w/ children. They came around and were happy when I married their son.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 11:19 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Not at all. My MIL is controlling, vindictive, and just plain rude. She loves to tell people how they are wrong (even though she's often the one who is wrong), she thinks she should have control of our lives and is very verbal about it, she is constantly talking about people behind their back and she has a catty way of doing it to my face as well. She has rearranged my kitchen cabinets (because of course I had my own kitchen set up wrong), given away my things (since I wasn't using it and so-and-so "needed" it), expects us to pay at least half of her house payment every month, and gets upset when my husband buys things for me (which isn't very often) because that money could be put to a better use (like paying her bills or giving it to his sister). She is constantly coming by unannounced (she was here this morning before 7 am) and invites herself to stay here for days on end.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:34 AM on May. 21, 2011