Want your honest Opinion

I asked this question already in a group on Cafemom I belong too, but am asking here because I would like everyone's honest opinion of this situation.

I broke up with my boyfriend for a lot of hurtful things he has done/said to me during our relationship.

This was the final straw:

His cell phone is always on silent when I am over his house. So the other day via text, I asked him why it is always on silent. He replied via text, 'because I have female friends and do not want you to get crazy jealous.' So then he calls me. He says these girls live all over the country one is half across the country in south dakota! I said who is the girl from south dakota? How do you know her and what is she texting you if it would make me so upset as you say? and he hung up on me! My mom, friends, everyone says he is hiding things. Who hides their phone? Yet, he has access and checks my phone all the time. I have nothing to hide! What is your take on the situation? I don't care if he has female friends, what bothers me is that he hides them from me and then hangs up when I asked what is so secretive about these texts/phone calls. Because in his own words, 'I would get crazy jealous'

What??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• my honest opinion is that he obviously does have something to hide, and not only that, he has a guilty conscience because he's allowed to look at your phone but doesn't return the courtesy. this guy sounds like a douchebag
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:49 AM on May. 21, 2011

• he has excess to your phone
    but you do not have the same

he decides that you will act out on his actions
    before you are given the chance to even know what his actions are

your mother and friends are 100% correct
    he is NOT trustworthy, he is acting like he is hiding things, because he is hiding things

do not continue to demean yourself by allowing this kind of person in your life, let alone your partner in life
    ---------------------
    dump his ass = just my opinion
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:51 AM on May. 21, 2011

• My honest opinion?

The guy's a major douche. Buy him a ticket to Dump City.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:56 AM on May. 21, 2011

• ask yourself this one question.........IS A LIFE OF DISTRUST WORTH IT?.........then you'll have your answer......good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:56 AM on May. 21, 2011

• fiatpax hit it right on the money. YOU KNOW what to do.
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 9:57 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Yep he is hiding something.

Answer by gemgem at 9:57 AM on May. 21, 2011

• You dumped him. Best thing you could have done. If a relationship starts out with dishonestly and hiding things, it has nowhere to go but bad.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:04 AM on May. 21, 2011

• he wants you to suffer. dont let him...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:21 AM on May. 21, 2011

• TRUST, you don't trust him so why stay with him? However my personal opinion is why do couples think they should have access to each other phones, computers, passwords, etc. We are individuals and its okay to keep some thing to ourselves.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:21 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Sounds like this guy DOES have something to hide. Go with your gut on this one.
    soontobestep198

Answer by soontobestep198 at 10:28 AM on May. 21, 2011