Depressesion??

How can I snap out of feeling so depressed lately??? I don't really "talk" about how I feel to ANYONE and lately probably because of money I am really depressed ( I have always stuggled with this) I don't want to go on anti-depresants and so far somkin out is the only thing thats helps but ummm yeah I dont always have that so I need new ideas........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• First off smoking weed is a depressant so its just making you more depressed, not to mention having drugs in the home with your child there is asking for cps to come grab them and take them from you. Second you will need antidepressents and Im having a hard time understanding why someone against legal medication would be alright with ILLEGAL drugs? You definately need to also look into counseling of some sort. Sounds to me like you have an Addicted personality or Dependant Personality.
    Anonymous

• The only thing wrong with weed is that it is illegal and the thing that is wrong with anti-depresants is that they are not natural and weed has helped people for centuries so back off lady and where the hell do you get the addictive personalty thing OMG talk about judgmental I think that is up to god to decide if someone as bad as you make me seem .

Anonymous

• answe#1 could you be anymore rude?!!
    Anonymous

• Did anyone know Dr.Phil was on cafemom??
    Anonymous

• It isnt rude Im a therapist and actually went to school for this. I am sorry you guys dont like the truth.
    Anonymous

• I find that hard to believe ( that you are a therapist) and if you are then it does not surprise me ( you reaction) you must think Depression I can fix that with my magic pills!

Anonymous

• my therapist when I went to her for depression though never was rude to me like that!

I have been in the same situations because of financil and Im getting married so my depression has seemed to increase alittle as well. I usually go to Yoga classes they really help me =]
    Anonymous

• I have been doing really well for the last 3 years with depression and I really think it is because of $$ that it is hitting me so hard not to mention the hormones from having the baby =/ plus I have had a lot more back pain lately and have not went back to my PCP for meds yet , I guess I know I need to get a DR appointment for my pain but I am not going back on depression meds and I guess maybe I just need to talk to someone I really don't like talking about how I feel but it is actually really easy on here because its not face to face lol

Anonymous

• I do agree with answer #1 in that marijuana is a depressant but I do NOT agree with her tone. I won't judge you for your choices because it's not my place. That said, there are several other ways to handle depression that don't involve using any kind of drugs legal or illegal. I have suffered from depression for a while and some of the things that help me are: 1) exercise. You get that adrenaline pumping and it's hard to stay depressed. I know it's extremely hard to get up and do it when your depressed but if you can I suggest you do it. 2) Focusing extra hard on a balanced and healthy diet. 3) Fresh air. 4) doing what you can to help someone else in need. It takes you out of yourself and makes you feel good about yourself. Hope you feel better soon!
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• mrswright1170 .............I have to say you are totally right I forgot how good I feel after I exercise and I actually eat really good lol as for helping others I think that is another reason I am so upset ( I have been helping a lot of my family and today I realized some of them were using me ) but I am deff going to start exercising again tomorrow it will also help with the little bit of baby weight I still have! As for the weed well I love smoking out it does help me although I do know it is a depressant so they say it still has helped me through some tough times and for the record I really don't have an addictive personality lol

Anonymous