*this is NOT a zombie question*

cleaning out the refrigerator this am
i put some sourkraut down the garbage disposer
now it is plugged!
any suggestions, short of calling some repair guy to charge me a million dollars?

i have boiled one pot of water and put in the sink

dang, why did i not just put in garbage and take the smelling half full bag out!
stupid stupid stupid

*maybe if zombies do come to the house, they can either help me with the clog issue
or i will have other issues on my hands besides a clugged garabge disposer - sorry had to

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:04 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Have you plunged it yet?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:06 AM on May. 21, 2011

• You can undo the piping under sink and let if fall out... OR get 'snake' I think its called at home depot. I have put a pot of rice in mine once and undid the piping under and all the rice fell out. It was still a bite clog so we got the 'snake'
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 10:09 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes you can undo it but if you do not tighten it right it will leak so try to plunge or use the snake first.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:12 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I was just this morning wishing for a garbage disposal and now I'm glad I don't have one Sorry this happened to you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:16 AM on May. 21, 2011

• pour some baking soda in it then pour white vinegar over it, it will help some
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:40 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Snake it. You can get a snake at a hardware store for about $25, nothing compared to what you would pay a plumber (the last time I had one out it cost us $150 and the landlord was supposed to pay for it - nope, we did). Anyway, ours hooks onto a drill and you turn on the drill and it spins the "snake" and it will move on your sauerkraut. Also, your drain pipe should be at least a 3/4 pipe that goes to your garbage disposal. If not, it will clog easily. Good luck (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:14 AM on May. 21, 2011

• i agree w/ josiesmommy. i'd try baking soda & vinegar before spending the money on a snake
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 11:18 AM on May. 21, 2011

• thanks
    baking soda then white vinegar next attempt
    did let it sit (ignored it while i did errands, came home to still clogged and water sitting-dratt!)
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 1:26 PM on May. 21, 2011