Can your cervix close once you have been dilated 2-3 centimeters?

Dr gave me the news yesterday. Im getting induced 5/26 at 1:00am if doesn't decide to come before that. Im hoping he does. I heard being induced hurts worse than anything.

JrIsMyWORLD

Asked by JrIsMyWORLD at 10:15 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Did the Dr say why he wanted to induce?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:31 AM on May. 21, 2011

• no. i asked if i could be. she wants to be the one who delivers my son which i perfer her to do it anyway.
    JrIsMyWORLD

Comment by JrIsMyWORLD (original poster) at 10:38 AM on May. 21, 2011

• yes. it is possible to close back up and actually does happen to a lot of women,
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:40 AM on May. 21, 2011

• First off, dialation is not and indication that you will or won't go into labor. Many women are closed and hard one day and in full blown labor the next. You just don't know. And yes you can undialate. If you are on your feet all day and get an exam, chances are you will be more dialated. If you are off your feet for a few days it can undialate. But don't focus on that, it's not sentencing. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:47 AM on May. 21, 2011

• It does hurt more to be induced. I have gone naturally and induced and to me it did hurt more. Congrats though on your baby! My bday is May 26th too!

Answer by gemgem at 11:06 AM on May. 21, 2011

• You don't have to put yourself and your baby at all that unnecessary risk for convenience.
    You hired this provider to attend your spontaneous labor so that is her job.
    Making you add risk to baby is unethical.
    :-(

Yes, you can undilate.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:53 AM on May. 21, 2011

• being induce can take some time so it can hurt, when it happen to me my contractions where back to back with no break, so they gave me meds to slow them down.
    CC2boys

Answer by CC2boys at 2:04 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Just ask for an epidural before the machine clicks to 10 and you'll be fine. (10 dosage units. I don't know, but I was induced with my last one and if I had gotten the epi before then I wouldn't have had such a bad time. Also, if I had gotten the epi before my water broke... but I have really fast labors after my water breaks, so... yeah. Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 4:17 PM on May. 21, 2011

• You REALLY might want to do some research on what an induction entails. There are LOADS of risks to them. You have a good chance of walking out with a c section scare and that is really the LEAST of your worries.

I almost died from bleeding out right there in the delivery room because of the medications they gave me.

Do some reseach on the drug Cytotec. It is the #1 used medication for labor induction and it is NOT FDA approved. It has killed MANY women who were induced. It almost took my life.

I do not mean to scare you but trust me when I say there are MUCH WORSE THINGS than not being delivered by a doctor you want. Like NOT LIVING for example or losing your baby from unnessary risks all in the name of convienance!
    Anonymous

• you guys have really scared me. i dont think i want to be induced anymore. im gonna talk to my dr tomorrow. but thanks for the advice.
    JrIsMyWORLD

Comment by JrIsMyWORLD (original poster) at 7:59 PM on May. 23, 2011