I need advice on nosebleeds, please!

I only ever get nose bleeds when I am pregnant. I am 12 weeks, and I have had 6, maybe 7 this pregnancy. My nose is extremely dry and stuffy and I had TWO bleeds today. The one I just got rid of lasted about 15 minutes and I'm just wondering how to I stop them?
I DO have a humidifier going in my bedroom- it goes on 15 minutes out of every hour and I have to refill it 3-4x a day depending on how high I turn the setting at night.
My nose is blood red now under the nostrils from irritation (I keep using nose spray) and it hurts to even touch.

MamaCarterof5

Asked by MamaCarterof5 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Use a little vasaline or menthlatium (sp?) in your nose to keep it moist and that should help....I had nose bleeds almost most my entire youth....and the only thing I could do was in the winter make sure I kept the area moist and if I did get one....lay down...pack your nose with cotton and lay a cold washcloth across your forehead and upper nose.... Good luck...hope it all gets better....
    kiwi91663

Answer by kiwi91663 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i had the same problem when i was prego i did all that you did plus i put lotion or carmax on me nostril openings i know sounds grose hope it helps if it does not get better try asking your doctor for something
    garricksmommy

Answer by garricksmommy at 5:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• take your keys and put them in ice cold water and drop them down your back the tempature change with stop the nose bleed
    cryssi_renee

Answer by cryssi_renee at 5:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I get at least 3 a week with this pregnancy and invest in lotion plus aleo kleenex tissues...those have kept my nose from getting really red.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Maybe you should try to put a humidifier in the family room or wherever you spend the most time also. I had really bad sinus problems with both of my pregnancies and that is all they told me to do. The pharmacy also told me the other day when Brandon was raw from his nose running that
    I could put vaseline (the lotion kind) on his cheeks and around his nose to help with the soreness and redness. It worked a little bit.
    hubgrunch

Answer by hubgrunch at 6:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I don't know what to tell you...I have had them this entire pregnancy too and it has been worse in the last month or two due to the temperature change and me using the furnace. (dry air). It sounds like you're doing everything you should be doing. Just have to ride it out I guess.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• nose bleeds are known for - lack of iron--

and add some triple antibiotic ointment or neosporin in the opening of your nose- will help with keeping you well....
    Happy-Duckof6

Answer by Happy-Duckof6 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2008