I am 15 weeks preg. this is my 6th preg. no babies yet. I am on progesterone suppo. when do I stop?

My Doc. says I do not need it anymore but I want to take any help I can get for as looooong as I can get it. I will start the injections next week.

Showtella

Asked by Showtella at 10:39 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Follow the advice of your doctor. I do know that the greatest threat of miscarriage is during the first trimester, and you are past that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:41 AM on May. 21, 2011

• you need to check out pregnancy . com get more inf about this becare care ful
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:07 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I was told to stop taking mine at 12 weeks. I was VERY scared but the thing is you REALLY do not need it anymore. Your placenta is functioning now and making the progestrone. Taking the supplement at this point could actually be harmful to your baby because you are messing with hormones that should be happening on their own now.

FOLLOW YOUR DOCTORS ADVICE!!!

I stopped taking mine and everything is fine. I will be 13 weeks tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• you should only need them to about 12 wks! I am sure that your doc is telling you the right thing! GL
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 8:58 PM on May. 21, 2011