Is it horrible to want this?

Everytime my husband gets around his brothers he is a completely different man. In all honesty he is a complete arrogant jackass. Is it wrong of me to want him to stay away?

newlife627

Asked by newlife627 at 10:49 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Haha, I just read this post to my husband. He said "but I always do that to you". I said, "and it gets worse when the guys are over." His response "I never noticed."

Soooooo, he might not even realize he's doing this.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:41 AM on May. 21, 2011

• sounds like he's just showing off, I'd ignore it and let him feel good about himself but make him pay for it later while he's not around them!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:53 AM on May. 21, 2011

• no its fine cause it sounds like brothers a trouble maker
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 10:58 AM on May. 21, 2011

• You can't keep him from his brother. It would be more adult, and you will not come off looking like the controlling wife who doesn't let her husband play if you just talk with him about it alone. Tell him how it makes you feel when he acts like this. Let him know you want him to spend time with his brother, but to not disrespect you in the process because you wouldn't do that to him. If he continues, just find somewhere to go or just keep really busy when he's there.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:00 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Oh yeah, my hub turns into a complete jackass when the airmen come over for bbq or Thanksgiving/Christmas. And yet I still tell him to invite them over? But, I've learned to deal with it, and "deal it back" :D

But I agree with the other ladies, if its bothering you that much, please sit down and chat with him about it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:08 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Men act differently around other men. Tell him about it, but I suggest letting him have a boys night out with his bros.
    ILoveAsherAthan

Answer by ILoveAsherAthan at 10:52 AM on May. 21, 2011

• They are his brothers and his family you are between a rock and a hard place the best you can do is talk to him about the change maybe even record it so he can see it?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:53 AM on May. 21, 2011

• In a way, yes, but also no. Have you ever talked to him about his attitude change? When you are not angry and neither is he?
    Queen0Hearts

Answer by Queen0Hearts at 10:53 AM on May. 21, 2011

• my bf does that when hes with his cousins. u trys to show off and act like he runs things.... i leave. im not goin to put up with crap like that to me thats being childish and just like a child if its fed into the more its going to continue.... Hes to the point where he acts like he loves me and cares for me and appreciates me but only infront of FRIENDs i dont understand y he wont stop being like that around his cusins.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:59 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Everyone's different around family, you can't ask him to stay away from his brothers, but YOU can stay away. Like a pp said, let him have guys night with them when you don't have to go.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:00 AM on May. 21, 2011