Online college

Does anyone else do college online?? I have been going for about a year now and one year to go........I am soooooo bored with it because I do it all alone!!! It is convenient but it is lonely..........

Mommi2four2011

Asked by Mommi2four2011 at 11:29 AM on May. 21, 2011 in

• Have you ever tried meeting other online students maybe having a chat study group?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:33 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I completed my degree online after I had my daughter at the same university I went to and it was lonely. My communication skills went downhill because there were no presentations and no interaction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Some class have projects where you have to meet with some students but most students dont live close.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't but my husband does and he loves it. He has been doing it for about a year now. There is no way he would be able to go to college and work a full time job and still spend time with us so this is perfect for him!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:41 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Used to. But the cost was way too much and ran up my student loans. I found out later I could have taken the same classes online through state college at half the cost. On top of it I could go to the state college library and talk to my guidance and financial aid counselor in person. I wish I had known that before I spent sooooo much on online college.

Answer by gemgem at 11:51 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I attend the University of Phoenix and the closes campus is like 6 hours away so I cannot even go there to meet with other people... there really is no options for me to meet with other students... and yea my loans are pretty big, I am taking out like 18,000 dollars each year! and than add all the interest I will be paying after.. I will be paying for the rest of my life
    Mommi2four2011

Comment by Mommi2four2011 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on May. 21, 2011

• OP, me and my husband both attend University of Phoenix. We both love it. but our lives are so busy that its the only way for us. My sister in law and brother in law also attend University of phoenix online. It can get costly, and we do have differed loans however we try to pay a percentage of it off each year so that we can keep it under control. If we were to go to traditional school, then we would have to look for child care, and the closest college is 1 hour away so we would have to figure in cost of gas, and for my husband to find a job that would work around his school schedule would be near impossible.

I haven't really found it boring though. But my life is so busy that I don't have time to be board.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:48 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I got my BS online (mostly) and am getting my MA completely online. I love it. I only have to take out like $10,000 a year. A LOT cheaper than UoP and my school is a lot more repsected.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:00 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't even take 100% online classes...I could never do 100% online schooling to be honest.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 5:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I am down one year with one year left so I am going to finish, I will not be in debt for no reason....lol....and I chose online because of my children I just do not have time to attend campus.
    Mommi2four2011

Comment by Mommi2four2011 (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

Next question in
Can I still take the massage mblex test?

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
When do you?