Is the Obama administration going to cause more jobs to go overseas? I thought he wanted to bring the jobs home, not send more over.

The NRLB, National Labor Relations Board, made news recently by denying permission to Boeing to build an ADDITIONAL new plant in SC.  It now appears they are extending that reach to include other companies that wish to build new facilities in Right-to-Work states.

The article is from Heritage HOWEVER it lists all references INCLUDING memos from the NRLB.  There is a similar article available from the WSJ.  I felt this article was more comprehensive and therefore more informative.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/05/national-labor-relations-board-overreach-against-boeing-imperils-jobs-and-investment

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 12:05 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Tell me again why we have the second amendment??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:44 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Is it not a part of the presidential administration? Three members of the board were appointed by Obama.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Maybe Boeing should go to the middle east where Obama wants to send money to create jobs in foreign countries. I wonder if they are held hostage by union demands.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:33 PM on May. 21, 2011

• This is a LABOR issue---The NLRB. Do we know how Obama feels about THIS Boeing issue? WHy bring the President into EVERYTHING? Oh,yah,I know why. @@

***

Yeah I know EXACTLY how Obama feels about this, as I posted a few weeks ago how OBAMA circumvented Congress by appointing Craig Becker, to the NLRB.

Since I'm SURE you have no idea who Craig Becker is, let me tell you that Mr. Becker is a former associate general counsel for the Service Employees International Union and the AFL-CIO.

Nope, no bias there!!  Ugh!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:13 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I dont know but he sure as hell has not done anything to bring jobs back or create more jobs that those in manufacturing had before.

Answer by gemgem at 12:23 PM on May. 21, 2011

• ohmygeewhiz, minne...if it WASN'T a presidential issue, why did he promise 'more jobs' in campaigning? wasn't that part of his 'hope&change' hoohah?

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:47 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I'll have to go back over his campaign trail speech transcripts and see whether he said he would "create more jobs in the UNITED STATES" or if he just said he would "create more jobs." I'm thinking it's the latter, which allowed him some "wiggle room," since we all know those who voted for him didn't ask for definitions of his talking points, and ASSumed what he said was what they wanted to hear!! Ugh!

In more uplifting news HERMAIN CAIN has announced his bid for POTUS!! Now THIS could get interesting...can't wait to hear the "you're a racist" comments now!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:07 PM on May. 21, 2011

• As a business owner I think this is a HUGE government overreach. Since when does the govt have the authority to tell private companies where they can build? The only authority for this lies with the individual cities and their zoning laws.

I totally agree with you here YSK! I can't believe that they are telling companies where to build. I think SC & Boeing should fight this!!!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 1:20 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Of course he is , why stop now?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:35 PM on May. 21, 2011

• *Oops...HERMAN :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:08 PM on May. 21, 2011