This is more of a vent. Because I am really getting tired of it all!

I know my kids are my responsibility and I should not expect anyone to watch them other then myself and my DH. BUT! I would be nice to have someone trust worthy to watch the little ones so that DH and I can go out! But we don't. In these days, I would not trust calling some random babysitter out of the paper to watch my kids. There are just too many crazies out there. DH and I just moved back to this area, so we don't have any friends here. -But DH knows this couple at work that wants to go bowling this weekend, but we don't have anyone to watch our kids-
Ask my mom? Nope, she was the only one I semi trust with my kids, but now I might have to say she is the least. Since she got back together with her BF I noticed some changes in the both of them and its not good. Basically, I think they are back into drugs -my mom "experimented" in drugs as a teen and when I was little. But when I was a little older, she quit when she moved out of her BF house and got her own.- They are bringing around some shady people. I lived around people on drugs I know how they act and what to look for, this guy is not clean! She is acting like she has something to hide, and she is starting to act distant.
My sister? Nope! I love my sister, but I don't trust her with my kids. She can't watch her own. I am not going to let her watch mine plus her own. Also, my DS hates going over there, because she is constantly yelling at him. For example the other day, her DS intentionally threw a hard back book at DS and hit him right on the bridge of the nose, because DS was playing with his favorite toy and it made him mad. My sister starts yelling at my DS for crying. Her DS is allowed to do anything he wants " because his father is out of town on business, and he is having a hard time with it" So there is no way I am going to leave my DS over there to get hit and smacked, toys taken out of his hand ECT, then get yelled at because he is crying.
My brother? Nope he is a pot head.. and I mean a POT head. I don't even visit him as often because I can't stand to see him like that... He doesn't even leave his house. He sits in there all day everyday and smokes pot, and sleeps.
And that is it. I don't have any other family. DH's family are all 200 miles from here. His mother is an alcoholic, and we have no clue where his brothers or sisters are.
So nope, we have no reliable people in our lives. We are trying to make decent friends, but we are unable have an adult night out with anyone. We have to bring the kids which would be fine, if we didn't have to chase kids around and worry about them, instead of actually being able to talk to people and get to know them. GRRRR it is so frustrating!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. Its taken YEARS for us to finally find some reliable babysitters, and they still aren't so reliable :/ (Great with the kids, but when asked to babysit, forget they were even asked :( )
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:14 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Are you apart of a church? My church offers a night once a month where we can take the kids for a few hrs. and go out.. Are your kids in school? maybe ask some of the parents there class if they know anyone reliable or sometimes even the teacher will babysit for a fee.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:15 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Thank you =).. I hope to find reliable people. It just so hard these days.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 PM on May. 21, 2011

• We are not apart of a church. And my eldest just turned 4. He will be in preschool this year.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My oldest is almost old enough to babysit! So if that's any indication...
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:21 PM on May. 21, 2011

• What about finding a sitter through the paper and doing background checks and checking references?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:26 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Try the local employment office or call some churches to see if they know of a member looking for babysitting jobs. Do you have a college in your town? Stop and check the message board. They would be more reliable than your family. They need repeat business. Go to the park with your kids and talk to other mothers. Find out who they use.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• College students are always looking for a way to make extra cash!! You could even just ask the education department (ed students want to be teachers so are good with kids) to maybe recommend a few students that they think will be good canidates.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 1:02 PM on May. 21, 2011