Should I step in as a parent?

Okay theres this little girl across the street from me. She's 6 years old weighing 140 pounds, she's bigger than my little girl who is only 50 pounds at age 8. Okay the little girl won't stop hitting her on the bus and bus stop. I still allowed her to come over and play with my girls because I'm a sucker for kids and I forgive easily, but the hitting has returned. She struck my little girl in the chest(near the heart) with her fist. My little girl leaned over the bus seat crying. The bus driver told me she does it all the time. I'm going to be the big person here since I'm the mom, and stop her from coming over. Would you guys do the same if it were you? I mean I believe she's bullying my little girl, and my little girl won't fight back either. I try to raise her to avoid violence but I also should have taught her how to defend herself.

ambr2006

Asked by ambr2006 at 12:25 PM on May. 21, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Its your job to step in. I would also call the school because this also happened on the bus and they can step in and punish the girl.

Answer by gemgem at 12:26 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I agree with OP...call the school as well...she needs to get disiplined for her actions or they will only get worse.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:28 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I did call the school and the bus video was pulled, and the little girl was put off the bus for the remaining of the school year. I mean she's a big girl, and her mom did absolutely nothing. I'm going to keep her away from my girls, I just wanted to get someone's opinion on the matter. Thanks a lot!
    ambr2006

Comment by ambr2006 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Well good, but I am sure this summer will suck since shes nearby. Just stick to your guns. Sounds like there is more going on with her being so overweight (at home). My dd is 6 and weighs more then 50 lbs but not my much. She is also as tall as a 3rd grader tho lol. But 140 lbs? Wow. Something is up there.

Answer by gemgem at 12:35 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i keep her away and i be having big words with the school
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 12:37 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I would not allow her to come to my house and I would ask the parents to come to my home to discuss the situation. I would make it as casual and friendly as possible. Maybe serve them a little treat and something to drink and find out why they haven't done anything to stop it. I would mention that with summer vacation coming it would nice for the girls to be able to pay together but because of the violence that cannot happen. Maybe they will do something? I am so sorry your little girl has been going through this!
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 12:40 PM on May. 21, 2011

• #1 what the H*** does her weight have to do with anything?? You talked to the school and your not going to let her come over and play anymore thats pretty much everything you can do, what would you like us to tell you that could help?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:44 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I am assuming her weight has to do with the fact she is more then twice her daughters weight and punching her in the chest.

Answer by gemgem at 12:56 PM on May. 21, 2011

• What does her weight have to do with anything? Are you serious? She hits really "HARD" because of her weight, and my little girl is small, and it "HURTS", need I say more? You know what sabrenaleigh, I really didn't need your advice because I pretty much took care of it, I just wanted to see if I did the right thing, and the other moms with "CLASS" came in here and gave me a good answer. So go play somewhere else.
    ambr2006

Comment by ambr2006 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Your doing the right thing by not allowing her over. Just keep talking to the school and make sure its not happening at the playground or in school also. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 1:00 PM on May. 21, 2011