Getting to know my stepsister or atleast trying to figure her out...No bashing

I was in dollar tree one day and my sister walked up to me and well we talked and she invited me over to her house. Well to say the least I agreed and went over there and i felt from the moment i walked in I was being pushed out the door..See she's been estranged from the family by our dad (share the same dad) and our grama. I've only met her maybe 3 times before this incidence...Now it would be I guess 5..but anyhow we emailed back and fourth she knocked and I let her in type of thing..well then all the sudden the emails stopped completly she didn't reply . Idk why not. Well after I'd say 2 years she saw me working in walmart in our town well she talked to me and stuff but never really did anything to get together..Well just recently I emailed her and let her know our grama had cancer and she may not live much longer well I told her i'd really like to get to know her and i visited her home we had a nice visit until she minchened she would like to see our grama cuz she has questions for her. Well that kinda upset me i mean seriously your' going to ask a dying person questions about the past and bring up all that drama..I let it go didn't say anything..but she was constantly talking about how she had all these questions for her this time..My grama has answered all she knows about it all..our dad died she never took the opportunity to sit down with him..we've given her opportunity after opportunity and chance after chance to get to know us and she just dissappears and quits speaking to us..I understand she's to be wishy washy but I can't take it anymore everytime I talked to her it was about our dad and all the drama well my stomach got upset..Do you think it's worth it to keep pursuing this relationship or should I just let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I think its up to her. I was/am in her shoes. I never got to know my bio dad and I can tell you that if his mom was still alive I would also have questions. I am unsure how I might feel if I did have living siblings, but I would probably not like you much. It wouldnt be your fault mind you, it would just be a living reminder of how my "father" didnt give a damn about me but loved his other kids. It is hard to explain unless you have been there, and believe me she already feels unaccepted.

Answer by gemgem at 12:33 PM on May. 21, 2011

• No, the ball is in her court... if she wants to know you, let her come to you.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 12:35 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I'm sure she has a lot of mixed feelings inside & might me confused. She might be envious that you got to know your dad & she didn't. She may want to genuinely get to know you, but maybe it's hard for her because it brings up certain emotions. It's REAL hard growin up not knowing your dad. I think her request for questions are valid.

I would want to know her & i would let her know that. BUT, once i let her know that, i would leave the rest up to her.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:23 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I'd say that the thing with grandma is pretty much between them.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:47 PM on May. 21, 2011