What should I wear for the ceremony?

Haha I'm guessing this is a bit of an Odd question, but I'm on a cruise ship and were going to be "crossing the line" (equator) tomorrow and for the ceremony I don't know what to wear. Basically it's where everyone who has never crossed the equator before has to make a "sacrifice" haha. The sacrifice in this case is you get messy with the "kitchen leftovers" poured all over you (supposedly they make it sound worse than it is, it's really not gross. Although you DO get super messy I hear). And then after you're messy you get dunked in the pool.

So yeah... Idk what to wear. Traditionally you're supposed to get pretty dressed up for it, just because the ceremony is a big deal, everyone is watching, and you should look your best for it. I def want to dress up , because I know many people will be doing so.

Basically the options are (what I brought with me on the trip):
Really Dressed Up: Gorgeous Emilio Pucci evening dress (blue), Jimmy Choo strappy heeled sandals
Slightly-less Dressed Up: White Jovani evening dress, BCBG tan heeled-sandals
: White Albert Nipon skirt suit, Stuart Weitzman pumps

Pretty much that's all the options I have...I dont have anything "in-between." After those options, it's just a top/jeans pretty much. What do you think I should wear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'd go with #2 the white Jovani dress and BCBG sandals. No way in hell would I put a pair Jimmy Choo's through anything messy.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:52 PM on May. 21, 2011

• That's what I'm leaning towards at the moment. It's a white dress though, haha, so it's going to get REALLY messed up :D lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 PM on May. 21, 2011