At what age/stage?

do you stop carrying a diaper bag? Not if you just use a bigger purse to put things in but if you used a diaper bag also when did you stop using it and what do you use now to carrying extra clothes, wet wipes and such?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 12:37 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I always kept a diaper bag full in my car with extras and would take a smaller diaper bag with bottles or whatever when they were small. Eventually I would not carry the small one anyone and just used things in my big diaper bag which I kept in my car/van. I would just bring in a diaper or whatever into the store or mall without carrying a bag. Id say probably at around 1 yrs old?

Answer by gemgem at 12:43 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My girls are 3, 2, and 8 months I usually use a little kids back pack, that way I can pack them the necessitous and they still have room for baby dolls and accessories. I sometimes use a small diaperbag for the little one but mostly just combined hers with my 2 year olds bag. It makes my kids feel important that they to have a bag to tote and are responsible for their own belongings.
    manda_42

Answer by manda_42 at 12:44 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I never liked carrying them so I didn't use them long. I just kept stuff in a bag in the car and carried an extra diaper and wipes in my purse. It was just easier for me

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My youngest is 10 months old and I rarely bring the diaper bag anywhere. It just sits in the car (which is usually at work with my husband). If I know he's going to need something in there (usually his bottle) then I bring it in the store but usually I just leave it. We stopped bringing it everywhere when he was like 6 months old.
    When my older kids were little (3 of them each a year apart) we used it until the 3rd was about 6/7 months old then only once in awhile. We kept extra diapers and stuff in the car. I know with my youngest dd I hadn't touched the diaper bag since she was like 16 months old because when I pulled it out of our car last year before the baby was born the clothes in it were 24mo. She was 4 at the time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:22 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't take a diaper bag everytime I go out anymore. I guess with my first I stoped continually taking it about a year, I now just throw a few pull ups, extra pants, and a book in a book bag, he is three, I will also put a sippy for his brother and a coulple diapers, wipes, in there my yonger son is almost two.
    Codragonfly

Answer by Codragonfly at 3:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• With my first, I stopped with the diaper bag and just put some of his stuff in my purse around a year and a half ago. But, I'm back to the diaper bag now because I carry both of the kids stuff (youngest is 8 months) and my stuff in the one bag. I never carry a purse anymore.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 4:56 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I keep the beg the car most of the time, I don't carry it into stores with ne. We take it I to restaurants for the toys and snacks in it. I don't carry a pruse, so it's not a big deal to lug the diaper bag.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:20 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Whenever I could get through a shopping trip and not have to stop and change a rump. I would keep extra diapers in the car, just in case. With every child, it was different.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• With my first I stopped when she was about a year. Then I just tucked diapers and wipes into my purse. With my boys...well one is three and one is 14 months and I think I will needing that diaper bag for a while...
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 1:03 PM on May. 21, 2011