Don't laugh, but my fiancee wants to go on a diet because he thinks he's getting fat?? lol

So my fiancee hottest guy in the world to me, but recently he now weighs 246 lbs. and he thinks he's fat I will admit his tummy has gotten a bit bigger I try telling him its pure muscle he has strong arms and legs, but now hes acting like a woman and thinks he needs to go on a diet which I dont think he does. Any positive things I could say to him, to get him to stop being so girly about his weight??

HollyRose

Asked by HollyRose at 5:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband is doing the same thing and he has a flat stomach. He just doesn't have the 6-pack happening any more since he hasn't been working out in forever (years). It kind of irritates me cuz he has this damn near perfect body and I just had a baby so I look like, well, like I had a baby so a tad insecure and anxious to have a fit figure again.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My DH is the same way. In fact he is dieting right now and has lost 25 pounds. He now weights 230pds. He has always been "stocky" and to look at him you would ever think he weighed what he does but it was beginning to bother him physically and health wise. If your fiance wants to lose weight then tell him to do it the healthy way. I've always told my DH that I love him no matter what but if it's bothering him then he should do something about it.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 5:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• HAHHAHAHA My hubby is just like that!!! OMG I constantly have to tell him your fine babe you look great He is 6'0 and about 200lbs he barley has a tummy and I guess he does have a bit of luv handles but seriously you cant even notice them lol I would just keep telling him he is amazing and very attractive eventually it will sink in ( how tall is he?)

Anonymous

• he's 6'1" he was the Center on the Offensive Line in football lol so he is a big guy, but I dont think hes fat I think hes a strong sexy beast. But he ALWAYS says next my butt will turn flabby and I try not to laught but its kinda funny lol
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 5:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Nothing wrong with wanting to be healthy. Encourage him to eat right and do plenty of exercises, preferrably naked and on top of you!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Yeah my husband change his way of thinking when he went to the doc and found out that he was not only 45lbs over weight, he had high blood pressure, and diabeties. You should encourage your husband to live healthier. Don't want to wait until the doc tells him some bad news. Besides Men have it way toooo easy, they lose weight very fast. Just tell him to cut the soda and fried food and walk or run 3 times a week and it will fall off really quickly.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 6:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Um, if your man wants to be healthy and not contribute to the obesity of our nation why in the world would you stop him? Part of being a couple is being supportive of each other in your goals and this is one of his. Instead of trying to hold him back do all you can to help him achieve his goals. He'll really appreciate your support and it will bring you closer.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• munch12502 my fiancee is NOT fat and I support him 100% he's just a big built guy and I honestly think hes overreacting. He always exercises, doesn't eat out a lot, the problem is heavy weight is genetic in his family his dad is big and so is his grandfather. I'm more on the fact of him being so negative on himself like a girl is! I support him but not when its foolish drama like this. He is healthy perfectly healthy
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 10:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2008