Any good quinoa recipes?

I have recently gotten into using quinoa in salads. I don't know why but I am finding it hard to get much flavor in the salads. I have only made it twice and the first time it tasted good but the dressing that I tossed it in should have had more flavor. It was a lemon dill flavor. The second time I did it I went rogue and used lime and chili sauce and it was better. Any suggestions on other flavors that would make a salad pop?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 1:02 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Breakfast Quinoa
    NOTE: Quinoa must be rinsed extremely well or it will be bitter
    Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 1 cup of water and one cup of apple juice. Chill. Dice 2 small or 1 large apple small dice and add, add raisins and/or dried cranberries and walnuts or pecans- i just add them until it looks like enough, maybe 1/2 cup of each? Stir in vanilla yogurt to coat and make it bind together about 1- 1 1/2 cups. serve cold

STUFFED PEPPERS
    (The original recipe called for brown rice, I substitute quinoa)
    4 large red or green peppers
    1 T olive oil
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 stalks celery, diced
    1 t cumin
    1 t chili powder
    1 t basil
    ½ tsp oregano
    2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
    1 ½ cups cooked and drained red kidney beans (or one can; really, any bean will do)
    2 T tamari
    Cayenne to taste
    1 ½ cups canned tomatoes with their juice
    1 small can tomato paste
    Thinly sl

Answer by rkoloms at 1:39 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Thinly sliced cheese (optional) 
    Wash the peppers and cut them in half  length wise.  Remove the  seeds. Place the peppers, cut side down, on a  rack above boiling water.  Cover  the pot and steam for about 10 min or until they are just beginning to get  soft.  DO NOT STACK ON TOP OF ONE  ANOTHER...they will not steam evenly. Heat the olive oil in a large  skillet.  Add the onions, celery, cumin, chili powder, basil and oregano.   Saute until the onions are almost tender. Add the cooked quinoa and beans.  Mix well; then add the tamari and the  cayenne to taste. Mix again.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 1:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Lightly oil a shallow 7 x 11 inch baking  dish.  Fill each pepper with the  bean and quinoa mixture and place the peppers side by side in the baking  dish. Mix together the canned tomatoes and the  tomato paste.  If the tomatoes are  whole, chop them up or break them up with a fork. Pour the tomato mixture over the stuffed  peppers.  Cover the baking dish  with foil and bake at 350´ for 30 minutes. Uncover the dish and top each pepper with a thin slice of cheese if desired.   Return the dish to the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted

• I use it in place of a potato or rice.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:58 PM on May. 21, 2011