Do you feel that the drinking age of 21 should be lower or higher?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:12 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it should be 25... get a few more years on you, a little more wisdom...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 1:14 PM on May. 21, 2011

• it should just stay the same, or maybe like hgow you can have a provisional license before you get a real one, there should be a provisional drinking permit allowed for special occasions like 4th of july, new years, etc as long as you are an adult. That would be cool
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:14 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Honestly I think it should be higher...like maybe 25...I know I drank at 18 and I know a higher age limit wouldnt stop anything but I know at 21 I ws only responsible because I had a child...or I would have proabbly been out partying and sad to say driving drunk or at least riding in a car with someone drunk.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:15 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i think it should stay right where it is, if anything raised a few more years. we have enough drunken idiots on the road as it is.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:15 PM on May. 21, 2011

• 21 is suitable, but their drinking younger than that now because they have friends of age who buy it for them.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:16 PM on May. 21, 2011

• im in canada where its 19..and its great! if kids are gonna drink, theyre gonna find a way to get it...maybe there wouldnt be so many problems if it got lowered to 19..they wouldnt have to "hide" it, and it wouldnt lead them to be irresponsible.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:17 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Higher. Especially since we now know that developmentally speaking our brains aren't fully "wired" until about age 25. No surprise that the highest age group with the most DUI's and related vehicular accidents and deaths is the UNDER 25 crowd!

Like the old saying goes....with age, comes wisdom!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:18 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I've always felt that if someone was old enough to join the military be given a gun and fight for our country that person should be old enough to drink and buy cigarettes.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:19 PM on May. 21, 2011

• does it really matter? People drink at any age as is. changing the drinking age will not help anything!. I drank at 15.People that drink and drive all different ages.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:22 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Well, I haven't really thought about it before, but now that I am I think it should be a smidge higher. At 21 I don't think some are mature enough to drink and not do something stupid. I think back on when I was a teen and that is when I did the majority of my drinking. I did some pretty stupid things. At 21 I had my first child so I haven't drank much since, but I know a lot of people who just do not handle alcohol well and are of drinking age. Hmmm...good question.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:30 PM on May. 21, 2011