Was Ronald Reagan a good president?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:21 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• One of the worst . He should have been impeached for the IranContra affair which was and still is a national disgrace . The end of the Cold War had nothing to do with Reagan , he just happened to be in office when the old regime in the Soviet Union collapsed .

Answer by janet116 2 hours
    --------------------------
    I agree. I was in my 40's when he was President and I paid attention. But most of these younger Moms only know him as a guy with a great smile who looked great sitting on his horse and they have NO CLUE!!!! No clue at al .
    He was a toady and he paid attention to Nancy and the Horoscopes for decision making. Wonderful, huh?Yes, Irangate, the Iran Contra scandal was a disaster and he was called "The Teflon President" because nothing stuck to him! He avoided being prosecuted because he was such a "nice guy". Yah,right.
    A real disappointment that he was able to snow so many people and they are still clueless.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:20 PM on May. 21, 2011

• yes, i think so. he sure loved america!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:28 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes he was awesome!

Answer by gemgem at 1:53 PM on May. 21, 2011

• he was great....i was a little girl at that time but every time the president came on tv you knew it was very very important. but it was different times. he was a good president and he did alot of things he said he would...the president is not invincible and no president is perfect. but you have to know how to lead.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:20 PM on May. 21, 2011

• YES!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:22 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes--the best in modern history and certainly in my lifetime.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:34 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes. He was the best President we've had in my lifetime.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:54 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Coming after Carter anyone but Obama would have been better but Reagan was fabulous!!!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 1:29 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes, I liked Reagan very much. Saw his son in the drug store yesterday...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:32 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My dad says he was one of the good ones, I don't remember much but I was too young when he was in office.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:18 PM on May. 21, 2011