Weddings...

My cousin is getting married today, and I'm curious... What about ring bearers? What age do you think is too old to be a flower girl? How young is too young to be a bridesmaid?

Have NO idea which category to put this under... sorry!

CeeCee333

Asked by CeeCee333 at 1:33 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Entertainment

• ring bearer / flower girls until about 7ish

junior brides maid / junior groomsmen from 8ish - teens

reg brides maids & groomsmen from teens on

???
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:37 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I can only speak about my experience and my wedding. My husbands cousins were 4 & 7 and my son was 4. I had the 4 yr old little girl and my son who was 4 as the ring bearer and flower girl because I felt the 7 yr old was too old. I know some people might disagree but it was how I felt. As for bridesmaids, my dd was my maid of honor and she was 15.

Answer by gemgem at 1:38 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I honestly think younger ones are cuter... my dd was 3 and walked with a 6 year old cousin as flower girls. It was cute.
    CeeCee333

Comment by CeeCee333 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Let me say it WAS a bit chaotic, though. LOL DH and I enjoyed the laugh, though.
    CeeCee333

Comment by CeeCee333 (original poster) at 2:12 PM on May. 21, 2011

• We didn't have kids in our wedding... I didn't want them stealing the show! I'd say about 8 or so would be a good time to go from flower girl to junior bride's maid. I had to hand out bubbles at my cousin's wedding when I was 14. It was so embarassing! If the kid's likely to be embarassed or ashamed, bump them up a notch. Or out all together... (That's what I would have rather happened in my case.)
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 7:48 PM on May. 21, 2011