It's not that simple!!! (vent)

I'm obese....I've lost 25 lbs. which is good...I no longer have type 2 diabetes,but it's a stuggle everyday...I'm just soooo sick of people telling me well ust stop eating what your eating...no shit..if it were tat simple dont you think I would?! I have an addictin to food...I use it for comfort for every extremem emotion....too happy..too sad..too mad...I eat junk and lots of it...I know with every bie it's wrong and gross and I'm going to hate myself for it but I still do it...telling me to not eat that stuff is like telling a crack addict who sees crack everywhere they go..to not smoke it...I pass fastfood places all the time..there are adds on tv all the time every time i go to the store it's there just calling my name...i think food addiction is probably the hardest to beat...I have to eat to live...yes I could make better decisions but when I'm upset and I know I can just go down the rd. and get a burger...logic is not taking part in that...I'm just sooo tired of everyone telling me how simple it is...I' know why I'm fat I take full blame in that I hate the way I look...I just wish people would undertand it's not a choice as much as it is an inability to take control over my addiction!!

happymama02

Asked by happymama02 at 1:36 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Health

• I have several friends who have found freedom from food addiction in groups like Over eaters Anonymous or Celebrate Recovery (a Christian 12 step group)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:38 PM on May. 21, 2011

• oh, and congrats for losing the 25 lbs you did lose!
    elizabiza

• there are no OA meeting around me...i was going to look into celebrate recovery....everytime I think I'm okay I fall down again...I just hate it..I was down 30lbd. but gained 5lbs. in a really bad wk. but I try to focus on the fact that I am still down that 25lbs. or I know i will just get frusterated and eat!
    happymama02

Comment by happymama02 (original poster) at 1:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yeah I have lost 470 and I have 50 more to go. I started to get to the issue that made me eat I am not telling you its going to be easy but the more I do it the better I feel.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Congrats on your 25 pounds !!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:42 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My husband and I have both been involved in Celebrate Recovery for 5 years for different reasons. Its a really great program. Message me if you would like me to share more :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:44 PM on May. 21, 2011

• you rockFor losing that 25 pounds. I get how hrd it can be.

good luck on getting control of your addiction. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

And, easier said than done, ignore the ignorant ones that say "just stop eating the junk". you've made a start, and done good, KEEP GOING!!!!

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:44 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I have problems with food. Either I am eating too much and gaining too much, or I am eating nothing and weigh nothing. My doctors dont know what to make of it but tell me it is extremely unhealthy for me to go from a size 8 to 18 in 6 months and then back down to an 8 6 months later. I know it is 100% tied to my emotions. If I am sad, or upset I dont eat. It is like I am on strike. When I am happy I eat alot. Then I get upset and sad because I gained and lose it. Its a never ending cycle and people are mean. I am sorry you go through what you do. My husband is also overweight and he knows why. He has lost 40-50 lbs in the last year and feels alot better but people tend to judge overweight and underweight people all the time.

Answer by gemgem at 1:46 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Congrats on loosing the 25 pounds. (c: I agree with others, you need to seek help for your addiction. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:47 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Congratulations on your weight loss. I have family that is obese, all my sisters. But that's mostly in part that they love food, my Dad was a chef and came from another country, WWII Norway. So there was a time his family could not afford much until he started working.
    So the whole time I was alive my Dad was heavy set. And so was my Mom and younger sisters.
    But I some how stead thinner. I put on weight and take off weight. But the last post kind of insulted me a bit do to the fact I know it is hard to lose weight and when people are on you it becomes even harder.
    And what business is it of theirs? Do they just not like seeing fat people?
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 1:48 PM on May. 21, 2011