OMG HELP ME!

How on earth can I get this child of mine to stop getting into trouble!!!!? She is my beautiful Baby girl she is almost 3 and is a complete menice lol she gets into everything over and over again and nothing I do works on her!!!! She is also the middle child lol and shes not "bad" just annoying she is a wild child lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My dd can be the same way. I figure she will grow out of it.
    Anonymous

• I sure hope mine will she is a hyper little thing who lives on the wild side lol
    Anonymous

• Oh man, I feel you! My 1st was like that, she's now 12. And my 3 year old is like that also. I figure that their stubborness and endurance is a trait that will do them good when they get older. It just makes it hard as a parent to teach them to listen to us. Perseverence is a good thing, just not at 3 years old! LOL Hang in there and try to discipline without breaking her spirit. My hubby's 2 girls are quiet and do what they are told the 1st time, they seem like the perfect children, while our other 2 constantly butt heads with us. The 2 hard heads actually have more personality and are more fun to be with. I know that sounds kind of bad, but it's true.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 12:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I have a three year old son and he too is the middle child. He is a monkey as we call him. He does get into trouble A LOT and what we do is A LOT of timeouts and repetition. We try to be consistant with him and that seems to help A LOT. What works with the timeouts is putting him in a chair in a room that he can't sit and watch TV or play with any of his toys. Since he is 3 we do 3 minute timeouts. If he does something REAL naughty we make him stand in timeout facing the wall...I know it seems harsh but we don't believe in spanking. We also make him apologize for naughty behavior and apologize to whoever he "wronged" That works wonders. It makes them realize what they did and how it affected the person. Makes them think. It does get easier. You just need lots and lots of patience...LOL
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 1:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I do the facing the wall timeouts but in the room hahaha she would love that lol she don't even mind the wall timeouts anymore lol shes is a nut.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Your middle daughter sounds free spirited and curious. Other people are sometiems driven crazy by curious tots and find it to be less than charming. Obviously she needs limits so she doesn't get hurt - but also embrace her funny, free spirited, curious side. Find very cheap activities to keep her entertained. Enlist her help in projects. Have her hunt all over your house for crazy objects. Laugh at her, with her...ect. Keep things child proofed a bit longer so that he curious nature (I like to say she has a mind that wants to know about things - maybe a future doctor who does research?) doesn't lead her into too much trouble. Also play dates so you can get some relief. As well as a structured activity like dance or karate to introduce a little bit more discipline in terms of following leads. Other times she can lead as she marches to her own beat. Cool. A girl who actually has a mind of her own.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2008