Charcoal or Gas Grill

Also had charcoal grills, want a new one this summer, thinking of getting a gas grill
Pros and cons?

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 1:50 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I can never get the charcoal ones right and end up burning or undercooking things. I like a gas ones it is easier as far as temp goes.

Answer by gemgem at 1:55 PM on May. 21, 2011

• we're a house-divided. dh like charcoal..for slow-cooking things like bbq ribs or butts, i do, too. but you can't beat the convenience of a gas grill for most other things.
    dh has a cheap-medium priced charcoal grill..and i'm about to buy a GOOD gas grill..because i'm the one who does most of the cooking, inside or out. plus, gas is easier to clean, IMO. no constant-buying of new coals or chips...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:57 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I have a fear gas related products that they will blow up plus charcoal is easier to manage and taste better. They also have charcoal now that all you have to do is lit the bag or the charcoal itself so you won't have to worry about lighter fluid. I'v tried them and they work great!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 2:15 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I have used both and I like my gas grill better. charcoal grills have that charbroiled flavoring but I have had several issues with the coals burring to fast, going out half way in the middle of cooking and if you didnt cook something all the way through you cant really just light the grill back up and finish it once you have put it out, you have to use new coals most of the time. So I go for Gas.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 2:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• We have gas, and we like it but nothing is better than a really good bbq over charcoal.. Its all about preference on your food. Both are great, both cost money to refill though.
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 2:46 PM on May. 21, 2011

• We use charcole becase the gas can make meat taste bad...
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 3:04 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Both. My husband is Argentinean and will not cook on anything but charcoal. I have the gas one for me because it's easier.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:05 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I have no idea... we've had both and I still cant choose between the two.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:11 PM on May. 21, 2011

• We have both... love the taste from a charcoal but it takes much longer to heat and cook. Out gas is quick and convenient!
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:51 PM on May. 21, 2011

• GAS
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 5:12 PM on May. 21, 2011