What would you do???

I really did not know what to put this under because it has to do with many issues. My promblem is that my nephew and girlfriend came over to my house and stayed for 3 days. I have never had a promblem with my nephew or his girlfriend and in the past I have helped them in many things. Yesterday, I went into my jewlery box and found my wedding set ring and my father's ring missing. I was about to call the cops when my nephew's ex's girlfriend showed up at the door. She needed to get to the hospital her baby was very sick and needed to find my nephew. He has 2 kids by his ex's girlfriend and which I love both them kids and his girlfriend she is still part of this family. I drove her to the hospital and I asked about the rings. They pawned them at a local pawn shop and she didn't know but one of them is in her name. She says she will get the one she put in her name out and just call the cops on the other one. But has of right now..I am thinking of just calling the cops. But I do not want the ex's to get in trouble for she did not know. Plus, her baby is in the hospital... she had to be flown to another hospital an hour away. My question is ....knowing the facts what would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Personally, I would call the cops.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 1:52 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I would call the cops to. That isnt right plus its YOURS not theirs. She wont get in trouble if she didnt know what was going on if HE admits she didnt know. Good luck
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 1:55 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Even if she did not know she is still responsible for her actions.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:55 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Just call and tell them you know she was lied to about where the rings came from and told you he had pawned them and was willing to get it back. I doubt she would get into trouble as long as she sticks to that story. Your nephew though needs a wake up call so some time in jail might do the trick.

Answer by gemgem at 1:58 PM on May. 21, 2011

• See my nephew said he was cleaning out a trailer and found them. So she thought nonething of it....I just don't want her to get in trouble.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:58 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I would bust both of their asses. She's dumb enough to believe he found them? I take it that they are nice rings. You generally don't just "find" nice rings.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:12 PM on May. 21, 2011

• If you are that worried wait and see what they say about her baby. I would call the pawn shop and have her talk to them and tell them she found out they were stolen after she pawned them. You can talk to them at the same time as the owner. That way they wont be sold, and she wont get in trouble.

Answer by gemgem at 2:13 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Well, I think I'd call the police, especially as these rings were/are irreplaceable. You can talk to the police and let them know that she didn't know they were stolen, too, and it might help.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:54 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I would call the cops.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:57 PM on May. 21, 2011

• call cops 911
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:40 PM on May. 21, 2011