Twin birthday party

ok question to you all,, my child got invited to a birthday party he told me who before I read the invite and when I finally read it I noticed there was two names on it, hhmm so I asked my child if this friend has a sister in class too he said he didnt think so, so when I called to RSVP I was told by the mother that they are twins and I didnt need to feel like I needed to get them both a present all without even asking? wow should I feel guilty now? well nope I am only getting one cause my child doesnt know the sibling who is in another class as I found out from another parent.. whats your thoughts..

jadeyazi

Asked by jadeyazi at 1:51 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I agree, and I don't think that the mother was being rude either. She probably had quiet a few calls from other moms who noticed the same thing, I wouldn't get the other child a gift. Only get the one your child knows something....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:57 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I also am a mother of twins and believe me the mother will not mind one less gift. My girls b-day is in December and we do a toys for tot collection that people can bring a toy to instead of a present just so I can keep my sanity with all the new stuff. I also didn't want people to feel like they had to bring two gifts. If you wanted to send something with your child and not leave out the b-day girl your child doesn't know you could send a cheap board game for them to share or a birthday card for the other child with a Mcdonalds git card for an ice cream or something little and silly like that for both kids. I wouldn't worry about it and actually I like when things occasionally aren't totally equal, fair and the same for my girls, it's a good life lesson for kids that often get treated as a pair and not individual people. However you handle it will be fine:) Hope your kiddo has fun at the party!

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 2:58 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Maybe just get one, that they can both use/play with, and address it to both of them.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:59 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I also have twins and while they're only 3 now I know once they start school they'll automatically be put in separate classes - the school figured out back when I was a kid it wasn't a good idea to put siblings or even cousins in the same class - and so I'm sure my sons will have different friends and I wouldn't expect a friend of just one of them to bring two gifts.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:58 PM on May. 21, 2011