Any moms in Philadelphia?

I have a potential job offer there but know nothing of the city and won't have a chance to go check it out in person. Is anyone able to tell me what areas are nice to live in, have good schools, and are decently affordable? I'm going to be doing some interenet research but don't even know where to start!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• I think Northeast Philadelphia is the best area to live in. The rest of the city is a whole! If you really want to live in a nice area live outside the city in Feasterville or Bensalem - one of those areas (which are outside of NE Philly.) I lived in Feasterville for almost 10 years. Just about any place off of Street Rd (no joke that's the name) is a good area and very close to Philadelphia. If you have school age children put them in private schools, you don't want them in public. If you are going to go public school, live in Jersey. There are many many small towns in Jersey and they are all just minutes from Philadelphia.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I Disagree about the rest of the city being a whole. I have lived here my whole life...In the city not the suburbs. Yes, there are some areas to stay clear of but there are areas that are good. Try relocating within reason from the place you are seeking employment. Public schools are not all bad. The top school in the City is a public school.
    phillymommie

Answer by phillymommie at 9:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008