Do you think having a no porn agreement is healthy?

This steams from a question I answered and it got me curious. I used to get angry that my husband looked at porn but I finally realized that I was just being silly about it and it was all my insecurities showing their ugly face. Porn to me is a release for some men, just like maybe Cafe Mom is for us, or shopping, ect. As long as it's not an addiction or you're not being rejected because of it then I fail to see what the big deal is. Trust is #1 in a relationship and to me a no porn agreement just screams lack of that because what are you afraid of? Obviously if he is with you it's because he wants to be. Do you feel threatened by porn stars? Please explain why or why not.

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 2:20 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Porn starts dont make me jealous. I think most of them are obviously pretty skanky. My husband loves me, chose me, and is with me. If he needs or wants to watch some snank porn every so often thats on him. It is natural to look and masturbate for both men and women.The fact is if my husband wanted some little ho he would not have chosen to marry me.

Answer by gemgem at 2:27 PM on May. 21, 2011

• The problem with porn is, that it is degrading to women. Men think women are nothing more than whores for them to get off on. They like porn because they don't have to have a relationship with a real person. It's pathetic to me that it's acceptable in our society. Just because it's normal for a man to admire beauty in a woman doesn't mean sex should be sold and made cheap and disgusting. To me sex is sacred, between two people who love each other and are commited to each other. These people are selling their bodies, it's so gross. Would you think it's ok for your kids to do that? Would you vidoe yourself having sex and sell it and be proud of that? Porn stars are women who think the only way to get attention is to have sex, cuz they are not worthy of real love. Strong opinions but they're all mine.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:34 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I am not threatened by it but we do not believe it is morally correct to view pornography. Of course, I have no issues with people who do look at porn. And I also think Las Vegas has the correct approach on prostitution...
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 2:26 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I just think its morally wrong. I am not jealous and have no reason to be.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:33 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Before Christians came along? You are hilarious. How about before we had civilized society? Sleep around all you want, be a whore I could care less but don't act like it's so awesome to be a slut. Have fun with your diseases you got from the "non Christians" who enjoy cheap sex.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:27 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't think it's degrading. Sex is the oldest industry in the entire world. Before Christians came along and ruined it for everyone, humans accepted it as part of nature. Whether it'd be watching or doing. I don't support the rape of a person, but that's not the act of sex, that is a crime.

Sex is something for grown ups to enjoy. Let it be.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:04 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It's not unhealthy but it's also not possible of it's addicting. Because no matter how long a person can go without relapsing (or in this case looking at porn) eventually they will. I don't think it's healthy to change a person all together, but perhaps suggest ways they can curb their addiction and timing of when they watch porn.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:24 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't care if dh watches porn. What matters is that he is with me at night.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 5:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't have any issues with porn - its entertainment for some people both men and women, not everyone who watches porn gets off to it and watches simply for entertainment. It's stimulation and not everyone who watches is imagining themselves having sex with the people in the videos. In my opinion as long as a guy isn't neglecting his girlfriend/wife and isn't addicted to it I think it's fine to watch.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:51 PM on May. 21, 2011