I cant believe my mom just said this is ok!!!..

Im babysitting my boyfriends kids. my mom had asked me where the middle baby was and i had told her with the grandma. She asked me why the older one wasnt with her either. i said bc their other grandmother never takes the younger 2 because they are mixed and the oldest is just white. My mom said that was o.k. Since when was being racist against kids ok? Even more so when they are your grandchildren. Im so sick of the crap she has come out of her mouth when it comes to race. That pissed me off. My kids are mixed and ill be damned if i would even allow that. The kids mother doesnt see a problem with it.the father does. he said do not allow the daughter to go if the other 2 cant!

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 2:26 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• – collapse
    You will understand when you are a grandmother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on May. 21, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• A lot of people from that generation are like that. (Our parents generation I mean) It IS sick. I get mad about it but what do you do?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:28 PM on May. 21, 2011

• maybe when your mom said "that's okay" she meant "that's okay, her ignorance will only affect herself when it ruins her relationship with her grandkids someday" ?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:29 PM on May. 21, 2011

• What?? You will understand racism when you are grandparent? I agree with the father! If only some of my kids are welcome then none of them are visiting!
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 2:29 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i will NEVER understand that crap.. no matter how old i get. i dont play favorites with kids. MY CHILDREN ARE BLACK AND WHITE so please tell me how im going to understand that when im a grandma. i do not care if my kids marry black white asian mexican as long as they are happy. i will love my grandchildren no matter what.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Okay.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:37 PM on May. 21, 2011

• okay?
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My kids are mixed

so does your mother act this way?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:45 PM on May. 21, 2011

• No... but she had said somethings that piss me off. my daughter pulled up her shirt and said look grandma im black. I dont c anything wrong with that. My mom said i shouldnt teach her that.. I didnt teach her anything SHE IS BLACK she put c the color of herself. I bought some stuff called Mixed chick. Its for my daughters hair and i was tellin her about it and she said thats uncalled for. She said it shouldnt be called that. WTF would be the reason for her to say that? there isnt one she trys to act like my daughter is white. and wants to put the wrong crap in her hair and some days doesnt put anything in it which makes it too dry.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on May. 21, 2011

• She can c the color of herself*** sry i dont know what happen there
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on May. 21, 2011