Is the Social Service allowed to take your kids?

Someone said i was abusing my child and they took my kids just because someone statement and theres someone else trying to get them.

Alimaya20

Asked by Alimaya20 at 2:28 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• They don't take children without the supporting evidence to make a case. I'll leave it at that.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• No, they make an appt with u and check stuff out first. Legally, nobody can do ANYTHING to you based on hearsay.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• You need to contact an attorney.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 2:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes, they can take your kids... they SHOULD investigate, and if they find no truth in the reports, you SHOULD get your kids back, but you'll be watched until they believe it never happened.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 2:32 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Thats just scary. You mean without any kind of warning or hearing or anything an agency just came to your house and took your kids and now someone else wants them? oh my goodness I sure hope there is alot more to this story than you put in your question.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:33 PM on May. 21, 2011

• They took mines away intil they see nothings wrong and that im a good parent
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 2:34 PM on May. 21, 2011

• they have to prove it first... get a lawyer
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 2:35 PM on May. 21, 2011

• actually...yes they will. this happened to a friend of mine. she's a wonderful mom and person. 2 former friends (dating each other) of hers decided they wanted her child because the girl didn't want to get pregnant. so the went to CPS and said the child was abused and neglected. she was only 2 months old. w/o evidence CPS took the child and put her in a foster home for almost a year. my friend was only allowed one supervised visit every 2 weeks. she was not allowed to watch the first year of her childs life based on hearsay simply because some dumb cunt didn't wanna gain a little weight and then give birth. she has her back now, she's 1 1/2 and very happy to be back with her mama
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:37 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i left them at home for a minute to go across street and the S.W was all over it when she told them i've been abusing them and they said they had evidence so there taking them into custody. Oh yeah i need to ask that question about do any one know a good Attorney?
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on May. 21, 2011

• thats good i hope i don't see my kids for that long
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on May. 21, 2011