If your dh got arrested would you hide it from your kids?

I wouldn't, it's a great real life example of reality. In the real world, mommy and daddy can't always save you. Judges babysit grown ups and discipline them, and parents are never perfect.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 2:38 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• depends for what and how old the kids are. i wouldnt tell my 3 yr old bc the whole world would know lol..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 2:40 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It depends how old they are and why he was arrested. Id say if it was a DUI or something and the kids were teens I would tell them and make it a learning experience. If it was more serious and they were younger then no I wouldnt.

Answer by gemgem at 2:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It would depend on the age of my children and the situation.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 2:43 PM on May. 21, 2011

• probably, yes. i find no need to hide or sugarcoat things for my child.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:51 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It depends on the age of the children. Some times things are better kept between adults.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:52 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My DH got arrested for an unpaid ticket. I did not tell my kids. they were to little to gain any value from it only fear so I sent them to the sitter and bailed him out the next day. 'Daddy had some work to do out of town' Is all I told them. If it was a more permanent stay or if they were older I would tell them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:53 PM on May. 21, 2011

• not that i would hide it but not that it would be my #1 subject to talk about in front of my child. if i could avoid the subject in front of them then i would
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:15 PM on May. 21, 2011

• No I wouldn't. What would the point of telling them be?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:16 PM on May. 21, 2011

• no, my wonderfully stupid husband got a DUI last december and stayed in jail overnight and i just said he worked late. my kids are 3 and 22 months but he has one of those machines in his vehicle he breathes into and my kids always ask what it is and i tell them it's because he likes to drink too much apple juice and drive... i have to make a joke out of it, otherwise i'd want to beat him.
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 5:36 PM on May. 21, 2011

• nope we dont keep secrets under our roof
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:07 PM on May. 21, 2011