My doctor yesterday told me I had to have Hep A & B vactine has this ever happened to you?

I'm negative and my doctor wants me to do this. Did you know you could catch it at the dentist barber shop ect.......

mindye5

Asked by mindye5 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Health

• Where I live they just started with Hep A shots for Babys. My Daughter got her first shot at 18 months and then another shot at her 2 year check up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I was vaccinated years ago. Be sure to follow through on all the shots. I believe the Hep B is a series of 3 shots over about 7 months. If you don't get them all, you won't be fully protected.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I worked at a kiddie camp and before I could work with the children, I had to get the vaccine. It's a good idea to get it because you NEVER know.............
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 1:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You can catch hepatitis from an open wound, cut or sore. So yes I knew that you could catch at a barber or dentist. I keep up with my shots, just to be on the safe side. You never know.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 5:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2008