Do we not deserve a break too???

This is sort of a vent. My husbands work has us away from home & living in motels. We have a almost 1 yr old daughter. He is working nights right now. I do my best to make sure he gets the rest he needs. I take our daughter to the park & to the store with me & when we're at our room we play quietly so we don't wake him. I have her 24/7. Barely get a minute to myself much less with my husband. I've left him alone all week cause he's been stressed about some stuff going on at work. We barely hug, kiss, sleep together or have sex for that matter. Well the past couple nights my daughter has been fighting me on going to bed at normal time or waking up just as I'm going to bed, so I end up staying up later than I want to. After only 4 maybe 5 hrs sleep I wake up to unlock door for husband. Very rarely do I get to go back to sleep, because he wants to tell me about his night at work. Which is fine, but its the same story almost every day. But at least we get to talk some. By the time go to lay down our daughter wakes up, so I end up staying up the rest of the day. On the days I do get to lay back down its for about an hr, because I have to get up so housekeeping can get the dirty towels & trash. By that time daughter it up & going. Well today was one of those days. I didn't get to sleep til after 1am, up at 6, laid down for 30mins & now trying hard to stay awake. Usually we all lay down for a nap in afternoon. Well today when I went to lay down hubby starts fussing & saying I better not fall asleep cause I need to make sure he wakes up at 4 so he can get ready for work. No big deal waking him up. I tld him that I have my alarm set for 330 so I'll be up to get him up. He says no I can't take that chance of you not getting up. Ok I never sleep thru my alarm. I usually only nap for 1 hr. He acts like I do need rest or a break. I know he worsks all night, but my work never stops. It just keeps going. Why do men think women are like the Energizer Bunny? It ticks me off that men think its a womens job to do everything. We're not supposed to get tired or complain at all. AAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just want to yell at him right now. I'm so tempted to not wake him at 4 & let him sleep a little past then tell him that if maybe I was able to rest I would have noticed the time. Sorry it was long but I just had to vent some & get it out!

kayleesmom42328

Asked by kayleesmom42328 at 2:48 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow I am sorry. You do deserve a break. I would probably have still taken a nap anyway. When I am tired, I am tired and I just go take a nap. The only time I dont is if its close to when my dd is supposed to be home from school.

Answer by gemgem at 2:52 PM on May. 21, 2011

• hugs

I'm sorry... I hope things get better for you! 

CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 2:52 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Sorry, I don't know WHY that huge space is there. :(
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 2:53 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I would have laid down too, but if he wakes up & sees me sleep he'll start fussing. He can be such a baby at time. When I told him I was tired & going to lay down he started pouting & telling me that he would just stay up, he didn't need sleep. I can't stand it when men act like babies. I already have a 1 yr old to be mom to I don't need a 34 yr old baby too!
    kayleesmom42328

Comment by kayleesmom42328 (original poster) at 2:56 PM on May. 21, 2011

• As long as you let him treat you like that he will. You control the way he treats you, if you don't like it put a stop to it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:57 PM on May. 21, 2011

• You totally deserve a break? Is there anyway to visit some family and get some rest?
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 2:57 PM on May. 21, 2011

• There should not be a question mark there...It was supposed to say 'You totally deserve a break!'
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 3:00 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I'm so tired of fighting with him about crap. We did it so much & the past 3 weeks we have been doing good. I wish we were close to family! I would go to visit parents or one of my sisters & sleep while they looked after my daughter. But unfortunately we are in Richmond Va & our family is in western Kentucky. 10 hrs away! At time there are wives & gf off the other guys he works with that out here. But I'm the only one on this job. :(
    kayleesmom42328

Comment by kayleesmom42328 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Ok he woke up a few mins ago & asked me why I had attitude when I quietly grabbed a pillow off the bed. I told him I didn't. Then he has the nerve to ask me to rub his feet! Is he crazy?!?! I told him "I don't think so. Not after the way you treated me" He tried acting like he said & did nothing wrong & went back to sleep. I hate it when he tries to act like he did nothing wrong & ask me to do something knowing I'm ticked off at him!
    kayleesmom42328

Comment by kayleesmom42328 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Wow I am sorry. You do deserve a break.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:29 PM on May. 21, 2011