Summer heat...

How do you spend more than an hr outside without overheating yourself or the kids? We live on a river but also in AL so its just REALLY really hot... We have trees for shade...but again today its in the 90s...I hate to keep them inside all the time...but I am pregnant and they are small (1 and 2) so we get over heated easily...Any ideas??

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 2:56 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try living in the desert (NM) - triple digits most of the summer. I would love he 90s in summer! haha. But to answer your question..there isn't much We can do except pooltime. Not many trees and well, ya just can't escape the heat out here.
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 3:00 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yuck...I would hate that! Until they are older and I have help for both dudes, we can do a big pool but we the baby pool..
    MommaWoods

Comment by MommaWoods (original poster) at 3:02 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I would only go out for short periods, like, one hour out 1/2 hour in. If you are outside for a while take sunscrean, use a kid pool or sprinkler, provide water to drink or popsickles. Try getting a sandbox and keeping it in the shade.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 1:08 AM on May. 22, 2011