What can cause beavior changes in my cat?

I have had this cat from 6 weeks old and she will be 8 in august, She is a wonderful cat, she comes when called by name even if she managed to get outside. She sleeps with me, followes me around and keeps an eye on me. She is very protective of me as well. I have never had any problems with her not useing the box bitting or scratching, now all of a sudden she is moody, dosn't want to be petted and is bitting, not a lot mind you but still. She is keeping to her self she is still eating, still using the box noramlayy and drinking water could this just be an aging thing?

Codragonfly

Asked by Codragonfly at 2:59 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Pets

• Yes. Remember though, that just like you or I, the weather can play a part in how she acts and reacts, especially as she ages. My dog is around 8 or 9. He is also very moody. During the day, it's just leave him alone and he's fine. If it's hot, he's not going to do anything. If it's raining, he's hiding. He'll only play when he's good and ready. (Now that I think of it, he's a lot like me)!!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:07 PM on May. 21, 2011

• 8 is not that old for a cat and if it happened suddenly, I would think something is wrong. Id take her in.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:09 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My recc would be to get a Vet visit/ blood work up on your pet. G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:28 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Nothing seems to hurt when you touch her? Has anything at ALL changed in the household?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:38 PM on May. 21, 2011

• We have moved from an Apartment in Colorado to a big house in Utah, but she was born here in Utah we just recnelty moved back. Also my almost two year old has suddley noticed her, she hasn't bit or scratedf him yet though, she just seems to want to be left alone.
    Codragonfly

Comment by Codragonfly (original poster) at 3:41 PM on May. 21, 2011